Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 14th, 2010, 03:45 PM
Beginner

Default 45 yr old Single Man: whats a good singles Cruise for romance?

Tired of the Match.coms and all the other garbage sites, whats a great singles cruise to meet single women 30's-40. I'm not looking to have room mates/prefer solo room.

About Me: 45 yrs old Single, no kids, retired, live in Central Florida full-time, looking for suitable mate.

Last edited by livingthedreamfl; October 14th, 2010 at 03:59 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old November 7th, 2010, 11:46 PM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingthedreamfl View Post
Tired of the Match.coms and all the other garbage sites, whats a great singles cruise to meet single women 30's-40. I'm not looking to have room mates/prefer solo room.

About Me: 45 yrs old Single, no kids, retired, live in Central Florida full-time, looking for suitable mate.
seems you got someone so close to you, suggest if you look for a match, change a photo. good luck.
Old November 13th, 2010, 11:49 AM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingthedreamfl View Post

Dream,

Speaking as a single guy, go on a cruise for the enjoyment first and NOT looking for a future girlfriend or even a wife otherwise you will be disappointed.

Second, here are 3 sites besides cruisemates that has single cruises.

Discount Cruises, Last Minute Cruises, Cruise, Cruise Line, Cruise Vacation

singles cruises, singles cruise, single cruises, single cruise, single travel - Singles At Sea

New England Sports & Adventure Resort, Berkshire Mountains, Kent, CT has a big single cruise in February (look in their cruise section)

Third, if you are looking for women who look like the swedish bikini team they will be rare, the women would look more like Walmart shoppers.

Good luck and enjoy your cruise.

Old November 21st, 2010, 02:31 AM
Passenger

look at the thread for the ncl EPIC the 1st major cruise with a section for singles & you don't have to pay double occup on a state of the art ship; I wll be going in dec myself...
Old February 6th, 2011, 06:16 PM
Familiar Face

My SIL and her girlfriends like Carnival. They say there are more singles on Carnival ships but I don't know if going on a cruise is a good way to meet that special someone. If you are on a cruise and meet that special someone and they live across the country, dating could be difficult. If you decide to go on a cruise, go just to have fun. If something develops all the better.
Old February 7th, 2011, 11:31 AM
Familiar Face

Default good singles cruises

You might want to try NCL Epic. They have the singles rooms and activities. No single supplement.
Old February 12th, 2011, 02:07 AM
Familiar Face

Send a message via ICQ to talenavi Send a message via Yahoo to talenavi Send a message via Skype™ to talenavi
Default Cruise as Love boat?

You have much better chance to find someone special on "garbage" site as Match.com. Remember the people on the cruise are from different state, and not everyone is open for a long distance romance after the cruise or a short fling during the trip. If you are looking just for a romance, then almost any cruise is good, since there are more single women than men cruising, usually... Epic is really good, but it it will be even better if you just tried to have fun and enjoy your time on the cruise... Be active, socialize more and you will increase your chances to find a partner for romance.

Last edited by talenavi; February 12th, 2011 at 02:35 AM.
Old February 15th, 2011, 07:14 PM
Admiral

livingthedreamfl,

Quote:
Originally Posted by you
Well, ah, do you want a cruise with a lot of single women who may or may not be a good match for you, or do you prefer a cruise with fewer single women but a better chance that one of them will be a match?

The truth is that you will find some single ladies travelling on every major cruise line, but every cruise line has a distinct style and personality that tends to draw people with certain personal traits and interests. Although you'll meet more single women travelling on a line that caters to the "singles" crowd, especially if you book a "singles" cruise through an agency that targets the "singles" crowd, you probably will find that many of the single folks on those cruises do not share your interests and do not mesh with your personality. If you pick a cruise line that is a good match for your personality and style and that offers activities that cater to your interests, however, the odds that the single women on board will be a good match improve dramatically.

So what do I recommend? Go into the travel section of your local bookstore (Borders, Barnes & Noble, etc.) or onto EBay and buy a travel guide to cruise lines and cruise ships. All of the major travel guides like Berlitz, Frommer's, and Fodor's have such an edition, and they tend to be pretty comparable. Take the guide home and read the descriptions of the lines to figure out which lines match your interests and your personality and style. The lines with median ages in the 40's or 50's tend to have a good spectrum, with passengers of all ages actually onboard.

When you actually go on the cruise, be sure to go to the ship's activities that interest you, whatever they may be, because that's where you'll find other passengers with similar interests. Likewise, be sure to take shore excursions that interest you in the ports of call rather than going ashore on your own because that's where you'll find other passengers with similar interests.

Finally, if you don't happen to meet the right young lady on your first cruise, try again. On any line, some cruises will have a lot of single ladies and other cruises will have relatively few.

Norm.
Old April 17th, 2012, 01:30 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default romance

So are the single women on cruises secretly hoping to find the man of their dreams on the cruise?