Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Teen Cruisers

Teen Cruisers Teens - meet here, meet onboard.

Old June 19th, 2004, 06:41 PM
Passenger

Default Why are girls so competitive??

I was on a Princess cruise about two or three years ago during winter break. I was sitting in a lounge with my cousin, when all of a sudden, a VERY beautiful girl walked in, she didn't look like the type of girl that was like a hot trashy beer commercial actress who's trying too hard (unlike the group of girls who sat closeby), but she was very tall and beautiful and very classy-looking, and had a look so unique and exotic that would make any supermodel eat her heart out. My dear cousin, God love him hehe, couldn't stop oogling at her and talking my ear off about how "damn fine" she was, forgetting that I was a girl haha. I myself was taken aback at how pretty she was. But the girls next to us were like all of a sudden saying things like, "Eww, that girl is nasty! " or, "Ewww, she's so ugly she is a walking fashion DON'T!" Of course, these girls were sporting the latest in hoochie-wear and were just jealous because this girl didn't have to resort to wearing ass-crack jeans and low-cut tops like they were to get noticed. I don't get jealous very easily, but some of my friends do act like that sometimes. But why? Does it make you feel better to put someone else down because you feel threatened? Have any of you girls tried to "outdress" other girls or get insanely jealous when you see someone pretty?
Old June 19th, 2004, 06:53 PM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to eclipsegtf10mch Send a message via MSN to eclipsegtf10mch
Default Re: Why are girls so competitive??

i hear what you're saying, but i don't think i'm ever like that...i usually DO say something about the ones who DO try really hard by sporting their scant clothing and layers of make-up...

Old June 19th, 2004, 08:13 PM
brand new girl

yeah nick i notice those things all the time - and whenever i see something like that i always just laugh at the idiots that are girls..seriously, most of the time i can not standd girls, with the exception of a few who see the idiocy in the others. girls like that are very insecure with themselves and for whatever reason they think since they basically have no personality to speak of, they're just gonna make up for it with pounds of makeup and tight clothes that are four sizes too small. i think *most* guys are smart enough to see past that stuff - unless they're just looking for an easy hookup =/ in which case its better they do it with those girls so that the rest of us with some sort of self-esteem don't get hurt in the end.

sorry i know that was a lot but this always bugs me and the fact that u brought it up made me feel like venting a bit =)

carnival legend :: 7/18
Old June 20th, 2004, 12:27 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to NotAnotherBlonde

i donno yall.. i mean im not exactly known for wearing the longest skirts or anything, but id NEVER say that about a girl with some class. there were these two girls on my last carnival cruise who we all called the striperellas b/c of the way they danced and dressed every night with any guy. i mean they even danced with my eleven yr old brother! and they were like 15/16! i mean.. there is a balance.. yeah just thought i'd say that
<3 Kaitlyn
Old June 26th, 2004, 02:28 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to Britwith1t

generally....if i see someone really pretty im liek aww shes beautiful...liek everyone pretty in differnt ways and if someone says somethign mean about someone who is obviously pretty that just means they are jealous.....and they have self esteem issues with them selves...and whos not to say that that pretty girl doesnt think shes ugly....hmm

Old June 26th, 2004, 04:22 PM
Cruise Maniac

all girls are jealous of other girls......its a part of life lol
Old June 26th, 2004, 05:13 PM
Twirler

I'm a girl, but all of my best friends are guys b/c I know how most girls are. It's ridiculous! It's like every girl is out to put all other girls down! But I have to admit that I am guilty of talking about other girls, but then again, what girl isn't?