Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Teen Cruisers

Teen Cruisers Teens - meet here, meet onboard.

Old June 22nd, 2004, 11:31 PM
cheercutie

Default fake tanners..?

i leave for my cruise july 4th and im one of those white girls who never seem to tan...just burn. i kno a lot of pple have talked about mystic tan before but it doesnt seem like a good idea b/c it can streak in salt water..neone kno of ne good fake tanning products that dont look orangey? thanks all!
Old June 23rd, 2004, 09:29 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to NotAnotherBlonde
Default Re: fake tanners..?

um, well i tan in the sun, but one of my friends used that nuetrogena stuff and it looked really good, just be careful with your hands so they dont turn brown!
<3 Kaitlyn
Old June 23rd, 2004, 12:29 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Lori1982

Hey I actually manage a tanning salon so I can deftinely help you out Since you are leaving july 4th it is slightly late to go to a tanning salon and start the whole base tanning in an actually tanning bed, BUT if you do the actually tanning bed you will be helping to protect yourself from the sun, and gettin burned when you go on the cruise.

BUT ok anways with the best thing to do to tint your skin. I know I actually do the airbrush tanning on clients. What it is is a chemical made with DHA that is sprayed onto your skin by another person. the chemical then has to dry onto your skin for about 6-8 hrs before you take a shower or go swimming. Then you shower off and you are left with a natutal brown color. It pretty much WONT make you realy tan, but it drops you down about 3 shades from what you were prior getting sprayed.

So ok thats the one option, which I would REALLY suggest if you can find a tanning salon that does do that by you. ALSO there is the Mystic tan, which is slightly the same thing, but instead you stand in a booth while the spray is sprayed continously for 6 seconds. Then you come out of the booth and pat yourself dry. The only down sides to this, and I will be honest is.. it is hard to get your back patted down,and to spread the die evenly. Your feet risk turning REALLY brown, along with your hands, and it is possible that yor face can not come out to well around your hairline.

I would suggest the airbrush tanning since it is a little more controlled PLUS I know i also do ab sculplting and muscle definintion.. which is really cool when it is done.. Pretty much your abs are more defined and muscles through how I would spray you..., And the price if you are wondering can range from arounf 25.00-35.00 for regular airbrushing, and 50.00-75.00 for the Ab airbrushing a session depending where you go. If you want to do Mystic Tan all The HOLLYWOOD TANS have it, and it is prived at 25.00. BOTH LAST ABOUT 7 days or so, and you can STILL tan with it on, go swimming ect.

IF you dont wanna do any of the sprays, then go to a drug store or beauty suply and get some type of cream, stay away from the isntant sprays.. those things have a tendency to not be consistant and not be contributed evenly over your skin.

Well I hope this help ya out a lil.. If you have any questions just let me know. Ive been in the tanning bussiness for 5 years so I could possibly help ya out with anthing else, lotions etc.

Lori
Old June 23rd, 2004, 05:14 PM
cheercutie

thanks a lot..ive done the neutrogena tan spray before..it worked pretty well but sometimes id be streaky cause u never kno where u sprayed it..also id b too afraid to do my face so id have a tan body n white face..that was hot haha...i was going to do the mystic tan cause my friend did it and it looked really good but i heard it comes off in salt water and since il b swimmin a lot that worried me...do u kno if thats true?..i tried the tan booth before but it itched so bad which i was told was normal but i couldnt stand it! lol...thanks for ur advice
Old June 23rd, 2004, 06:27 PM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to -Rob

Yeah, tanning beds are the only way to go. My sister got airbrushed once, and it turned out reallly good. Since there is a person actually spraying you, i think it comes out better than the mystic thing. She also used the "Coppertone Effortless Color" which is an oil free tinted sunless tanner and she liked that too but said she had to apply it every few days. I dont really know what to suggest, but hope whatever u do works for you. Have fun on your cruise, and hope you get the tan u want =)

aim:POLOkidROB

Carnival Ecstasy-June 2000
Carnival Jubilee-July 2001
Carnival Pride-June 2003
RCCL Sovereign-Janurary 2004
Carnival Imagination-June 26, 2004
Glory
Old June 23rd, 2004, 08:00 PM
Passenger

I know chlorine in swimming pools DOES take off ANY fake tanner with DHA. The chlorine is soo strong that is kinda breaks down any unnatural color on your skin. I never heard of the spray tan to cause a person to itch, maybe you are allergic to one of the chemicals mixed in the solution..... To be honest with you I was just on a curise a month ago, and before I went I was SUPER SUPER Tan, and I even did the airbrush tan OVER my natural tan, and I kinda got slack from it from people on board. I mean some were like OMG you're soo tan, and others were like you know tanning is bad for you. I mean if its NOT that big of a deal noone is really tan when they get on the ship. The first day you are on the ship the whole day is when people start to get some actual tanning color.. but its up to you.

If you are interested in the tanning cremes you might want to check out a tanning salon that has SELF Bronzers.. There are SEVERAL companies that have GREAT bronzers, like California Tan is one of our best sellers.

Lori
Old June 24th, 2004, 10:24 PM
vballchix11

My tan is the only thing i'm not gonna like about the cruise...

I play softball all the time and i get what i call a softball tan and the only part of my body that are tan are my arms and the bottom half of my thighs and it looks horrible in a bathing suit! My legs and stomach are the whitest thing you would ever see but my tan is soo dark and looks good..when i have pants on!

x0x EvE x0x <3
Old June 24th, 2004, 10:37 PM
bobbles

dont use tanning beds....they cause cancer
Old June 24th, 2004, 11:26 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to dawhiner

haha vball i'm a softball player also... and yeah, those tans are really attractive: the whole lower thigh thing. err freakin sliding shorts n socks...

but yeah, i'm really hoping to go with the beds since i'm going on the enchantment on august 16th. when should i get started?? i burn so easily and i'm afraid that although i wouldn't burn on the ship, i'd burn ahead of time... so that the "base tan" would be more of a "base burn." i know i can go for short periods of time, but well, i doubt it's gonna work.

also, there's the problem of my mom being completely opposed to tanning. wow, i'm out of luck.

any ideas?
Old June 25th, 2004, 11:23 PM
Passenger

Bobbles I have been in the tanning bussiness a while now.. and going in tanning beds DOES NOT give your 100% risk of attracting cancer. Its funny but did you know that tanning beds are SAFER then going outside in the sun??!? In a tanning machine we can adjust and specify the U-V and U-B and U-A rays.

But just like a lot of things.. doing things in an excessive manner you could be at risk..
Old June 26th, 2004, 12:04 PM
ClrGrd

my face doesnt tan like the rest of my body...and i have tan lines from sneakers (disney world) and i am getting my new knee brace that is going to cover my leg from my mid calf to my mid thigh....taht should look great..i had a dot on my knee cap last summer after camp!
Old June 28th, 2004, 12:34 PM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to kelly637

I use the L'oreal sublime bronzing stuff, it works pretty good for me.
Old July 5th, 2004, 06:05 PM
jennamarieee

I HEARD THAT WAS REALLY GOOD, BUT OMGG I TRIES NEUTROGENA INSTANT BRONZE STREAK FREE FORMULA ANDD I WAS SOoO SOoO STREAKYY.. IT WAS TERRIBLE THANK GOD I DID IT IN THW WINTER SOo I COULD COVER UPP =]
Old July 6th, 2004, 05:21 PM
southernchick

ok tanin beds do still have uv rays n it is just as bad as going out in the sun. in it is not gareenteed that u wil git tan in tanning bads i have hearded bout ppl gittin burned in tannin beds. ima red head so i cant tan so juss stick w/ tannin lotion. hey it works 4 me