Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Travel Gripes!
Register Forgot Password?

Travel Gripes! Gripe about cruises or getting to one.(airlines, taxis)

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 17th, 2011, 12:02 PM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthlessboss View Post
How about an example or two so we will have a clue. I'm a senior, go with the flow and am lost as to what you (or others) are referring to.
The one thing that bugs me is those rental or private scooters that plow through. (and not all users are handicapped to the degree of necessity)
I hate when the older people on the cruise feel like they own the ship and they can boss everyone around i also dislike that they go to the main pool where all the kids and families hang out and expect to have peace and quite there and get mad at the kids and families for being there. I have also seen seniors being obnoxiously load and then try and tell kids or people my age that were being too loud.
Old June 18th, 2011, 09:29 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasco08 View Post
I hate when the older people on the cruise feel like they own the ship and they can boss everyone around i also dislike that they go to the main pool where all the kids and families hang out and expect to have peace and quite there and get mad at the kids and families for being there. I have also seen seniors being obnoxiously load and then try and tell kids or people my age that were being too loud.
Don't know what line or ships you cruise on, but it is not the same as me. I am a senior and don't see any of these things that you are refering too. I don't doubt that you may have experiemced it, but doubt more than once and not on every cruise.
Old October 9th, 2012, 03:25 PM
Admiral

Expectation its a great thing, and that expectation says that on this small space called a ship that all of the people of the world that the TA's and the line have placed together for this number of day's are gonna have a great time together,,,,not, no way, it aint gonna happen, accept that before you book. There will be people from months old, to 100 years old, all with an expectation of the next x days on this ship that they want to meet. They have an expectation of this vacation, so do you, accept there will be differences , if you dont, dont cruise as it aint a like minded club with a rule book. As for people you meet, hug the one you love, ignore the ones you dont as you I or the line aint gonna make them one you want to hug.

You will never change people presented to you in life so why gripe, experiencing people crusiing is no different than seeing them all everyday in the mall, some you talk to,,,, some you give a wide berth. Paying for the experience or not, a ship is no different than a mall and who turns up that day, you take your chance

Last edited by DavidB; October 9th, 2012 at 03:33 PM.