Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Wedding Plans on Ships
Register Forgot Password?

Wedding Plans on Ships Ask Questions and share information on cruise lines offerings, options & policies for wedding

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 29th, 2005, 03:25 PM
Admiral

Default Cruise Line Wedding Program

Here's a listing of wedding & vow renewal plans by cruise line. For further information, visit the web sites of individual cruise lines.

CARNIVAL CRUISE LINES

The line’s wedding packages offer not only a memorable way to “tie the knot” – but with prices to match any budget. Carnival features a Just for the Bride & Groom package that includes an official civil ceremony, a champagne toast with keepsake flutes, flowers, a wedding cake and more. Couples may also select the Deluxe Romance package, which includes a one-and-a-half hour reception and an ice carving, as well as all the features of the other programs. Carnival also offers both standard and deluxe wedding renewal package that includes a shipboard ceremony performed by the ship’s captain.

CELEBRITY CRUISES

Celebrity’s new Celebrity Weddings program enables couples to combine their ceremony and honeymoon vacation into one customized package. Guests have the option to marry atop a glacier in Alaska, on a beach in Aruba, beneath a gazebo in Barbados, on a romantic rooftop garden in Rome or in a white-topped villa in Greece. Ceremonies can also be held onboard by a local officiant while in port on embarkation day. Exclusive to Celebrity’s new program are shipboard deck weddings, highlighted by an elegant canopy with flowing sheers and flowers, romantically set on the ship’s deck, high above the waters.

CRYSTAL CRUISES

The line offers vow renewal ceremonies that are officiated by the Captain or clergy. A romantic ambiance is ubiquitous throughout the Crystal fleet. Everything is taken care of for couples – and gourmet cuisine and a wait staff are at the beck and call of every guest. Couples can relax in the Feng-Shui spa and enjoy massages for two. For quiet evenings alone, they can opt room service where meals are served course-by-course in their suites or on their verandahs. They can also enjoy a wide selection of champagnes and wines in staterooms and dining room.

DISNEY CRUISE LINE

Although renowned as a family cruise line, Disney offers adults myriad romantic options away from the kids. Palo, located high atop both the Disney Magic and Disney Wonder, offers ocean views, a stylish setting and exquisite Italian fare – and caters exclusively to adult guests. Couples can also spend “alone time” at the Quiet Cove Pool, bask in the sun in one of many poolside chaise lounges, or unwind in one of two adjoining whirlpool spas. On the line’s private island, Castaway Cay, adults have a beach all to their own. Open-air massages in private beachside cabanas are also available.

HOLLAND AMERICA LINE
The line will help launch a lifetime of memories with wedding packages tailored to individual needs by its wedding coordinator. Couples may opt for a small ceremony and mini-reception or bring family and friends along for a larger affair. Packages include a personalized wedding ceremony, wedding coordinator, flowers, cake, champagne, photo album, recorded music and a keepsake wedding certificate. Holland America also offers an on-board renewal-of-vows package for guests wishing to say “I do” on the High Seas. At Half Moon Cay, the company's private island, guests can renew their vows in a private, traditional Bahamian chapel.

NORWEGIAN CRUISE LINE (NCL)

There’s no destination more synonymous with romance than Hawaii. That’s why NCL has married its resources and experience to offer a host of romantic wedding, vow renewal, honeymoon and anniversary packages on Pride of Aloha, Norwegian Wind and Pride of America and Pride of Hawaii. Wedding packages aboard Hawaii-based ships feature a variety of options to help fit the special needs of each couple and make the most important day of their lives unforgettable and stress-free. Services include personalized wedding announcements, wedding planning assistance, priority check-in, flowers, photographers, a ceremony officiant, champagne, wedding cake, catering, and entertainment.

PRINCESS CRUISES

Hundreds of couples are married each year by Princess captains in waters around the globe. Its Tie the Knot wedding program has grown to not only to include exclusive at-sea ceremonies on all of its newest ships, but also fleetwide harbor-side ceremonies in embarkation ports or weddings ashore in select ports of call. Princess’ newest and largest ships feature onboard wedding chapels, decorated in flowers and candlelight for the special day. Couples using the ship’s wedding chapels can take advantage of the cruise industry’s first live Wedding Cams to share with family and friends at home.

RADISSON SEVEN SEAS CRUISES

The romance of French Polynesia is accentuated aboard Radisson’s Paul Gauguin, where couples can partake in authentic Polynesian ceremonies by the ship’s Les Gauguines troupe to renew their vows. Among the special amenities for newlyweds are an in-cabin bottle of champagne and an exclusive pillow gift. Fifty percent of Paul Gauguin’s cabins include private balconies, and romantic breakfasts at dawn or candlelight desserts with views of French Polynesia are par for the course. The line also offers all-balcony suite accommodations aboard Seven Seas Mariner, Seven Seas Voyager, and 90% balconies aboard Seven Seas Navigator.

ROYAL CARIBBEAN INTERNATIONAL
The line’s Royal Romance package is a full-service wedding and vow renewal program that enables guests to create unique and romantic ceremonies onboard its ships and in a range of ports of calls. All weddings are approximately one hour in length and include the ceremony, cake cutting, champagne toast and photography shoot. .Other romantic elements aboard Royal Caribbean ships include couples massages. Guests can also retreat to cozy bars such as the Champagne Bar and Wine Bar. Private dining experiences in Chop’s Grille and Portofino enable couples to reserve tables for two that overlook the ocean and sunset.

SILVERSEA CRUISES
Silversea has created an innovative option for its guests, a program called Personalized Voyages. In this era of highly personalized weddings, couples can now tailor their honeymoon cruise to suit their own tastes. With Silversea’s Personalized Voyages, guests can now enjoy the flexibility and convenience of deciding when they want to embark and disembark in order to create their own personal version of the ultimate luxury honeymoon vacation. Guests are able to determine the length of their voyage based on their own travel desires – embarking and disembarking by choice from a selection of over 200 ports.

WINDSTAR CRUISES

With Windstar, couples can arrange weddings and vow renewals at sea and ashore on itineraries throughout the Caribbean, Americas and Europe. A Windstar personal wedding planner is available to assist guests in advance and onsite, attending to extraordinary personal touches from the simple – fresh flowers adorning the aisle as a violinist plays Canon in D – to the grand – a fireworks display sailing out of Venice. Guests may also purchase special packages that celebrate all things romantic – an extensive menu of wines and champagnes, intimate shore excursions, scuba diving adventures, spa treatments and special in-suite commemorative amenities and services.

www.cruisingfromnewyork.com/
Cruise news, bargains, tips and commentary.
Sponsored Links
Old June 29th, 2005, 08:17 PM
An Unhappy Bride

Default Re: Cruise Line Wedding Program

Dear Ann, I would not recommend anyone getting married on a cruise ship, mine was a dissaster, no one to great us at the port we chose the Norweign Dawn out of Nyc on June 12 my 88 year old future mother in law was promised a wheel chair she uses a walker after she was being pushed and shoved for hlf hour my future brother in law had to tip a long show men 20.00 to finally get her one!! we where all dressed and sweating for almost an hour before we found out where to go! All being pushed and shoved in a busy Ny port. then the wedding cordinator finally appeard she was with some of my quest's that where put in a hot room to wait. then we get on line to go on the ship and she realizes we got priority check in so off the line we finally go! we where directed to my room on board, then handed my bouquet of 6 roses with one of the rose head's off!! So I got a pin from the cabin boy and fixed it myself!! Then the vow's where wrong and she was trying to get the right one's I told her if it take's more then 10 mins forget it I don't want my quest's waiting so 45mins later she returns with no vows supposedly the fax and email did not work!! So we had to go with the horrible vows the officiant made up himself! Then i find out my quest's while waiting for me had to pay for there own drink"s they said open bar is only after the ceremony, I paid almost 20.00 a head for 24people for only on hour of an open bar ( they only allowed an hour reception) the waiter did not speak english well so my guest's did not get many drink's. then I was supposed to get trays of roast beef ham and turkey I got no roast beef and mostly tuna fish!! when I complained they said they would make the roast beef by the time it came they where doing the toast and serving cake, at a charge of 4.00 a slice of cake and 4.50 a cup of coffee!! The worst part of all there where very few cups or plates, the groom ate his cake off a napkin!! then the photographer was supposed to take picture's outside weather permitting it was a nice day and also around the ship none where taken outside the rececption room a tiny room called the port room! plus the wedding coordinator and photographer had a fight.So after my experience I would not want this to happen to any other bride!!! Sea sick and Heart sick!!
Old December 13th, 2005, 11:00 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Had a beautiful ceremony

Dear Anne:

My partner and I had planned a cruise for our 9th anniversary to the PNW on Celebrity's Mercury in September 2005.

We previously had a commitment ceremony ( 100 people sit down dinner, flowers, string quartet, dj......thousands of dollars ). However with Canada extending its recongition of marriage to include all couples, we later decided to go ahead and LEGALLY tie the knot, even if this backward country we live in doesn't recognize our union.

Celebrity was more than helpful making some suggestions and giving us all the information we needed to contact the appropriate people and get the ball rolling.

After communicating only via E-mail with a marriage commissioner we chose from a short list, we had not only chosen our vows, but edited some of them...and became VERY satisfied with his final draft.

The time and port was chosen: Nanaimo BC on Sunday 9:00am.

We previosly flew into Seattle from Chicago and drove that evening to Vancouver to spend the night and get our license in the morning.

We were pleasantly surprised at how smooth the process was and how friendly the govenment offices were in Canada.

Our table mates knew what was happening, although at first a bit surprised, the ended up buying champaign for us, along with the usual anniversary chocolate cake the Celebrity has brought year after year ( and the 'hoppy anibersar' from the wait staff.

WE have our Canadian marriage license hanging on our wall as a reminder of commitment and love. And also a reminder to the unequality we are afforded by living in the so called "Greatest Nation".

I would recommend geting married in a port, but be prepared for an alternative plan in case something does happen. I would also recommend considering the seriousness of marriage before you do get married. Too many people get married for all the wrong reasons only to lead to divorce and annulment after a short period of time.....Thats the true danger to the "Sanctity of Marriage", not the fact that two people who love each other and have been together for over 9 years finally are able to legally marry.

Dave
Celebrity Mercury - Alaska 09/08/06
Celebrity Century - Freeport 01/04/07
RCL Monarch OTS - Ensenada 01/11/07
Celebrity Zenith - W. Caribbean 03/23/07
Upcoming cruises:
Azamara Quest - CocoCay 10/24/07
Celebrity Century - W. Caribbean 01/03/08
Celebrity Galaxy - Mediterannean 06/09/08
Celebrity Millenium - PNW 09/19/08
Old October 9th, 2009, 04:12 AM
Beginner

Hello friend,
It seems that you have a good wedding plans..
I am interested in DISNEY CRUISE LINE ...I want more details of it..as I have to arrange my sister;s wedding and we are thinking of Disney Cruise line...Not many guest are to be invited only some of their friends and family members.

Regards,
Nelson

Old October 9th, 2009, 02:32 PM
Admiral

Anne's original post did not show any wedding options for Disney, which seems odd. You might want to contact them directly. Best of luck and love to all those who find their true love.
Marty
Old November 16th, 2009, 07:16 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Unhappy Bride View Post
Dear Ann, I would not recommend anyone getting married on a cruise ship, mine was a dissaster, no one to great us at the port we chose the Norweign Dawn out of Nyc on June 12 my 88 year old future mother in law was promised a wheel chair she uses a walker after she was being pushed and shoved for hlf hour my future brother in law had to tip a long show men 20.00 to finally get her one!! we where all dressed and sweating for almost an hour before we found out where to go! All being pushed and shoved in a busy Ny port. then the wedding cordinator finally appeard she was with some of my quest's that where put in a hot room to wait. then we get on line to go on the ship and she realizes we got priority check in so off the line we finally go! we where directed to my room on board, then handed my bouquet of 6 roses with one of the rose head's off!! So I got a pin from the cabin boy and fixed it myself!! Then the vow's where wrong and she was trying to get the right one's I told her if it take's more then 10 mins forget it I don't want my quest's waiting so 45mins later she returns with no vows supposedly the fax and email did not work!! So we had to go with the horrible vows the officiant made up himself! Then i find out my quest's while waiting for me had to pay for there own drink"s they said open bar is only after the ceremony, I paid almost 20.00 a head for 24people for only on hour of an open bar ( they only allowed an hour reception) the waiter did not speak english well so my guest's did not get many drink's. then I was supposed to get trays of roast beef ham and turkey I got no roast beef and mostly tuna fish!! when I complained they said they would make the roast beef by the time it came they where doing the toast and serving cake, at a charge of 4.00 a slice of cake and 4.50 a cup of coffee!! The worst part of all there where very few cups or plates, the groom ate his cake off a napkin!! then the photographer was supposed to take picture's outside weather permitting it was a nice day and also around the ship none where taken outside the rececption room a tiny room called the port room! plus the wedding coordinator and photographer had a fight.So after my experience I would not want this to happen to any other bride!!! Sea sick and Heart sick!!
Hello all!

just found this thread on weddings at sea. I got Married back on March 2008 on royal caribbeans freedom of the seas. I can not say enough good things about how are wedding went. We got married on the ship in St Thomas, VI and it was a wonderful day and RCCL did a a great job all around. I have all the emails and documents that royal romance ever sent me on the packages and the rules etc, so if you are looking for them i can email them to you... I also have the many photos that i could share with you that where taken but (umesh) the onboard photo guy. He was funny and a great guy. If any of you are looking to get married on a cruise ship i would HIGHLY say that you should. Fell free to email me at luv2cruiserccl@hotmail.com and i will send you any information or some of our pictures etc. Good luck all!! Justin

Feb 2001 Majesty of the seas
March 2002 Majesty of the seas
Nov 2002 Majesty of the seas
March 2005 Explorer of the seas
March 2006 Adventure of the seas
March 2008 Freedom of the seas (Married onboard the Freedom of the Sea's)

March 2012 Freedom of the sea's
Old February 8th, 2010, 08:02 AM
Cruise Maniac

So was hoping to hear from other cruiser's that either have gotten married or going to on a cruise anyone out there that has or going to???????

Old February 9th, 2010, 10:29 PM
Passenger

We leave soon to get married while on a cruise, but it will not be on the ship. We will get married on a cliff overlooking the ocean and beach when the ship stops in Barbados. I have a wedding planner there who has been helping me with the details. I will let you know how it went.
Old February 10th, 2010, 08:04 AM
Cruise Maniac

Please do let us (I) know how it went... Is your wedding planner a personal one or thru the cruise line? I personally went thru the cruise line as they did not allow anything else i believe..
What cruise line you using?
What ship?

Don't worry it will be fun and you will enjoy it alot!!!!!!!!

Just a p.s. note are you using the cruise line's photographer or someone you know. I have the on board ship personal do the photo's and i was really pleased with them.. They did cost a fair amount especially in order to get the CD and copyright's but it was well worth it i thought..

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittcat View Post
We leave soon to get married while on a cruise, but it will not be on the ship. We will get married on a cliff overlooking the ocean and beach when the ship stops in Barbados. I have a wedding planner there who has been helping me with the details. I will let you know how it went.

Old February 10th, 2010, 12:35 PM
Passenger

I will let you know how it goes. We are using a wedding planner from Barbados, as well as a photographer from there. My sister's boyfriend is also a photographer. So lots of pictures! We leave in 10 days to board carnival Victory on the 21st. We have a few days before the big day so it will allow the nerves to get to us but the distractions should help. As of yesterday we would have been coming back on the 1st of march but then we decided to take another cruise right after for just the two of us, so it may be awhile before I am able to let you know how it went.
Old February 10th, 2010, 03:10 PM
Cruise Maniac

thats awesome thats a good idea on doing it mid week we did the exact same thing we left on a Sunday and the wedding was not till Wednesday it made thing easier i believe.. And the say as your doing we sail with all the family on the wedding week cruise and then the 2nd week it was just me and my wife but we said in the Florida key's for the 2nd week just the two of us....Please let us know what you like, don't like about it and of course show some picture's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old February 13th, 2010, 11:53 PM
Beginner

Hi, if you're specifically interested in Disney, here's info on their programs and offerings: www.allthingscruise.com/weddings-at-sea/disney-cruises-marriage-at-sea/
Old March 13th, 2010, 08:13 AM
Beginner

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2cruiserccl View Post
So was hoping to hear from other cruiser's that either have gotten married or going to on a cruise anyone out there that has or going to???????
Hi, We just got engaged, and are thinking about a cruise wedding. My fiance' has cruised before on Royal Caribbean and cannot say enough about how nice it is. I've never cruised. I'd love to get married on an island, in the sand! I would love to know more about your wedding and any tips you may have. This is a second wedding for both of us, and my girls (16) and (12) are so excited to be part of this experience. Have a great day!
Old April 12th, 2010, 08:06 AM
Admiral

We got married on a steam train, and honeymooned on a cruise, but we're thinking of renewing our vows on our 10 year anniversary next year.
Does anyone know if the cruise lines also offer "renewal of vows" ceremonies?

donna
Old April 17th, 2010, 09:01 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloe425 View Post
Hi, We just got engaged, and are thinking about a cruise wedding. My fiance' has cruised before on Royal Caribbean and cannot say enough about how nice it is. I've never cruised. I'd love to get married on an island, in the sand! I would love to know more about your wedding and any tips you may have. This is a second wedding for both of us, and my girls (16) and (12) are so excited to be part of this experience. Have a great day!
I would see about getting married in your port of embarkation or have a service that arranges the marriage onboard or at an island. The biggest problem is that there is NO GUARANTEE you will go to the island you have scheduled your wedding on. Weather, mechanical problems could cause you to miss that destination. I have read many accounts of people who's wedding was ruined because people flew to the island, at considerable expense, only to not attend a wedding because the ship didn't stop.

Princess is one of the best at handling marriages at sea.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old July 4th, 2012, 10:48 AM
Familiar Face

Like anything in this world....some people will have bad experiences and some wonderful. It's unfortunate for the bad ones.
9/26/10-Conquest
8/19/12-Son's Carnival Magic Wedding

Gov-Charter member of the Committed Conquest Crazies.