Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Wedding Plans on Ships
Register Forgot Password?

Wedding Plans on Ships Ask Questions and share information on cruise lines offerings, options & policies for wedding

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 3rd, 2008, 03:09 PM
Beginner

Default My experience with Royal Romance

I was married on July 28th, 2008 on RCI's Majesty of the Seas. We chose the Symphony package w/ the lunch buffet reception.

I will say that the ceremony itself was well done and that was about it.

We had major issues. First, the limo transportation never showed up at our hotel to pick us up. We had to hop the shuttle to the pier after waiting 30 minutes for the limo, which made us late for our 10:30 priority boarding. Second, I had a few non-sailing guests who had a difficult time boarding the ship. The final guest list Royal romance emailed me had more than half of my guests names spelled wrong. I corrected them, but apparently the corrected list was not given to the customs officials. Also, Royal Romance lost our marriage license application then charged us $160.00 expedited processing fee in order to get the license on time.

RCI was very insistant that our wedding start at 1:45 and our one hour reception would go from 2:15 to 3:15. Well.......do to SEVERAL issues w/ the music, our ceremony did not start until well after 2:00. Despite the late start due to problems caused by Royal romance, not by us, the reception was still limited. Hence, by the time the ceremony began and ended and the reception could begin, we had 30 minutes of reception time. The food was great, the bartender was terrible. I purchased that premium bar service for one hour. After 30 minutes of the reception, the bartender closed the bar w/out even doing a last call. The buffet food was taken away before all of my guests had a chance to finish their meals.

On to the problems w/ the sound and the DJ. I paid $650.00 for a DJ for one hour. Thats a lot of money and I expected something better than what i got. I was asked to fill out a song request form about 3 weeks prior to the wedding. I spent a lot of time making sure I picked the right songs for our first dance, the father/daughter dance, processional, recessional, etc. The DJ did not play ONE song off my list!!!! The wrong songs were played for both the processional and recessional! I was not happy! The music was barely audible (a complaint from each of my guests).

our ceremony and reception were held in the Boleros lounge. The lounge was not locked and nothing was posted on the doors about a wedding being in progress. Other people on the cruise were walking through the lounge in bathing suits and such and causing a lot of commotion throughout the ceremony. We chose the lunch buffet recpetion because that was the only option if e wanted a private venue. Well it was not private at all.

Our photographer took a lot of great pictures. I just wish Royal Romance could provide a price list for photo packages. All I could afford to purchase was the photos on cd........just a cd, no prints.......and it was $995.99!!!! That is the most expense cd I have ever bought.

Reply or email me if you would like some more info.
Sponsored Links
Old August 5th, 2008, 09:21 PM
Captain

A wedding is such a huge life event. I am so sorry to hear that your perfect day was anything but. Have you tried writing to the cruiseline to explain your disappointment to them? If you have not yet, I would recommend that you continue to stay calm and polite but be honest and let them know that these were not the lifetime memories that you had been hoping for.

Congrats on your marriage and no matter what happens, the wedding is one day, you'll have a whole lifetime to make outstanding memories together.

Michelle
Old March 26th, 2009, 02:30 AM
Beginner

Forget what was your past. I understand your feelings. But dude its great that you have got married. If you want to celebrate in future you can make it memorable by preparing a honeymoon plan in your next anniversary. I hope every thing will be all right for you.
Old November 16th, 2009, 07:17 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hello all!

just found this thread on weddings at sea. I got Married back on March 2008 on royal caribbeans freedom of the seas. I can not say enough good things about how are wedding went. We got married on the ship in St Thomas, VI and it was a wonderful day and RCCL did a a great job all around. I have all the emails and documents that royal romance ever sent me on the packages and the rules etc, so if you are looking for them i can email them to you... I also have the many photos that i could share with you that where taken but (umesh) the onboard photo guy. He was funny and a great guy. If any of you are looking to get married on a cruise ship i would HIGHLY say that you should. Fell free to email me at luv2cruiserccl@hotmail.com and i will send you any information or some of our pictures etc. Good luck all!! Justin

Feb 2001 Majesty of the seas
March 2002 Majesty of the seas
Nov 2002 Majesty of the seas
March 2005 Explorer of the seas
March 2006 Adventure of the seas
March 2008 Freedom of the seas (Married onboard the Freedom of the Sea's)

March 2012 Freedom of the sea's