Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Wedding Plans on Ships
Register Forgot Password?

Wedding Plans on Ships Ask Questions and share information on cruise lines offerings, options & policies for wedding

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 9th, 2009, 04:11 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to vi reynolds
Default Cruise as wedding present?

Hi guys,

We went to England to visit my family and my brother, who has incidentally been DH's best friend for years and his fiancee finally announced that they are getting married the last weekend in September.

I thought it would be a nice idea to book a holiday for them as a wedding present. I seem to have become fond of cruises and they seem to like the sound of it when we talked about the one we were about to take and then on the phone about how it went.

They are in their late 20s and pretty relaxed; a little formal would be okay but not overly so, I don't think.

They both live in London but they could combine the cruise with a visit to NYC (we live in NY state) so anything departing from NYC would be good.

Anyone has any ideas? Open to liners and destinations.
Sponsored Links
Old August 26th, 2009, 03:32 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to cutiecat Send a message via Yahoo to cutiecat

i'm getting married in april, wanna help us out??? we're taking a honeymoon cruise to Europe in may

j/k!

have they talked about it at all? where do they want to go? is it something they would be interested in? would they be able to save to go on the excursions? can they afford airfare to/from port?

i think it would be a FANTASTIC gift but you know your family.

if you don't think so, then i wouldn't. if you think they might, i probably would.

what a gift! that would be awesome
*Carnival: Victory 5/13~5/20/2012; Glory 3/13~3/20/11, Freedom 7/26~8/2 09; Destiny 10/30~11/3 '08, 3/2~3/9 '08; Victory 4/15~4/22 '07; Valor 3/5~3/12 '06; Holiday 7/31-8/4 '04; Imagination 6/24~6/29 '02 *Celebrity Equinox 5/14~5/24 '10 *RCI Brilliance OT Seas 6/10~6/22 '08 *Regal Empress 6/16~6/18 '05
Old September 2nd, 2009, 10:42 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to vi reynolds

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutiecat
i'm getting married in april, wanna help us out??? we're taking a honeymoon cruise to Europe in may

j/k!

have they talked about it at all? where do they want to go? is it something they would be interested in? would they be able to save to go on the excursions? can they afford airfare to/from port?

i think it would be a FANTASTIC gift but you know your family.

if you don't think so, then i wouldn't. if you think they might, i probably would.

what a gift! that would be awesome
Oh, sorry I took so long to reply. Have been decorating for a few weeks an not on the net much.

Yes, they have cruised before but only in Europe, Mediterranean, Classical Greece and so on. Now, we're paying the fares for them to fly from Florida. We're going to England to their wedding anyway and we'll join them in Florida before they depart (we live in NY state). We have now book one week Caribbean cruise in Holland America. We even considered a Hawaii one but with the difference in price they can have a luxury cabin on the Caribbean one plus it doesn't imply taking more than their allowance in terms of time off work. Thanks so much for the tip though. I really hope they enjoy it!