Excitement always builds when a new cruise line starts up, especially when it promises to offer some unique itinerary options.
Ship Information Ship Statistics:
- Overall Length: 513 feet (156.5 meters)
- Beam (width): 71 feet (21.6 meters)
- Draft: 16.9 feet (5.15 meters)
- Passengers: 332
- Crew: 215
- Passenger Decks: 7
- Shipyard: Chantiers de l'Atlantique, Saint Nazaire, France
- Gross Tonnage: 19,200
- Cruising Speed: 18 knots
- Ship's Registry: Bahamas
- Propulsion System: Diesel Electric
- Crew to guest ratio of 1 to 1.5
- All oceanview accommodations, nearly 70% with balconies
- Space to guest ratio of nearly 58 to 1, one of the highest of any ship serving the North American market
- All onboard gratuities included
- Complimentary beverages including fine wines and premium spirits, soft drinks, bottled water, coffee and tea served throughout the ship
- Butler service in categories B and above, including in-suite bar setup and SoundDock® for iPod®
- In-suite mini-bar replenished daily with soft drinks, beer and bottled water
- State-of-the-art retractable Watersports Marina
- Onboard dive program
- Onboard lecture program
- Two elegant restaurants and one pool-side grill, all with open-seating dining
- Well-being and vegetarian selections and special dietetic menus upon request
- WiFi hotspots throughout the ship
- Complimentary 24-hour room service
- Complimentary in-room dining
- Complimentary in-room movie channels and movies available
Reserve by 7/31/2009 and save up to 45% plus receive TWO-FOR-ONE roundtrip airfare from LAX on select cruises.
Reserve by 7/31/2009 and save up to 45% plus receive FREE roundtrip airfare from LAX on select cruises.
Onboard Dining Options Onboard dining includes the following restaurants:
L'Etoile: The main dining room offers fine French cuisine with a Polynesian accent. Dine amid the classic furnishings and fluted shell lighting reminiscent of dining establishments in Paris. Delectable cuisine is artfully presented and guests receive the most diligent attention.
Le Grill: Greet the day with a buffet breakfast or enjoy lunch by the pool on a choice of grilled favorites, salads and fresh tropical fruits. At night Le Grill is transformed into a cozy indoor/outdoor restaurant serving grilled specialties in a more casual atmosphere.
La Veranda: La Veranda's floor to ceiling windows, indoor and al fresco seating, and refined atmosphere make it the perfect place to enjoy breakfast and lunch.
At dinner, La Veranda is transformed into an elegant French Bistro offering the finest in French cuisine, wine selections and ambiance. The Paul Gauguin chefs have created a menu for La Veranda to explore the culinary highways and byways of France and to provide an extraordinary dining experience that captures the essence of the country.
Continue Article >> How to Book a Cruise (Part 4)