View Single Post
Old February 22nd, 2012, 05:21 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Send a message via Yahoo to beachcomberT
Thumbs down Silence from Royal Caribbean

My complaint to Royal Caribbean concerned a dining room manager on the Monarch of the Seas who moved two strangers to our table without consulting us. The table of 4 originally was to be for my friend, myself and 2 relatives. The relatives became sick at the last minute and couldn't take the cruise. The first night, we had the table to ourselves. The second and third nights we ate at the top-deck buffet. When we returned to the dining room the fourth night, 2 other people already were seated at our table. When we inquired what was going on, we were given no explanation except to take our seats. The strangers wouldn't even change chairs so we could be seated next to each other. We left rather than make a scene. We did mention it to our steward who rushed up to the dining room and tried to patch things up. Our thinking was that we should have been notified ahead about the change in seating or else be offered a table for two (which were available.) We detailed the problem on the guest survey card, and then a week later wrote a more detailed letter to RCCL's Guest Relations office in Fort Lauderdale. No response to either comment. We did tip all the staff and gave extra to our steward. But we have crossed off RCCL for future cruises.