Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 4th, 2004, 02:49 PM
behey26

Default Taking a baby on an Alaskan Cruise

I need advice please. My in-laws is booking us a cruise to Alaska for next year late summer. I an 6 weeks pregnant and wonder if its ok to take a baby on a 7 day cruise? Do many people do it? Is there care provided for infants? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old August 4th, 2004, 10:34 PM
Milou

Default Re: Taking a baby on an Alaskan Cruise

You may want to check and make sure it is alright to take an infant on your cruise as some lines have an age policy (must be 6 mos. for example). We have taken our 7 mos. old on a 15 day Hawaiian cruise on RCL with no problems and you do have to pay a third-person rate for the baby (expensive, since they use no facilties!!). There were at least 20 babies on board with us. You can request a crib for the cabin. There is no care provided for infants, i.e. babysitting. Maybe on the line you cruise you can hire private babysitting - read the small print on the back of a cruise brochure or ask your travel agent. Hope that helps. Congrats on your pregnancy!