Old October 11th, 2009, 09:50 PM
Admiral

Default repeaters

I was wondering what kind of discount repeat cruisers get from the cruise lines. We are booked for our first cruise in March 2010 on the Carnival Conquest. I am especially interested in Carnival and Royal Caribbean. Thanks in advance for the answers.
Old October 11th, 2009, 11:27 PM
Admiral

Default REPEATERS

Princess has a very liberal program which seems to be a major draw for cruisers.. On the other hand I've cruised NCL before their Lattitudes program and am up to the Gold Level.. Not sure which level we will reach after our upcoming 13 day cruise.. Celebrity counts points which includes how many days, categories etc.. We will after our next cruise reach the highest level.. Not sure about Carnival or Royal Caribean which just changed some of their benefits to repeaters.. You just have to weigh which is important...benefits or the ship, ports and service.. We have made our decision and now stick with our beloved Celebrity..free lanyards and status color coded cards dont don't do it for us..it's the ship, the ports and the overall cruising experience on a particular line.
Old October 13th, 2009, 08:51 PM
Admiral

I think the percs are generally not that great. We think it is best to find a nice itinerary at a good price, using a cruise line of which you aprove. To us, loyalty stops there.

Then if we get a free perc, it is just icing on the cake. Meanwhile we have a great cruise that meets our needs.

As far as past passenger discounts, they are rather limited. If theire were greater loyalty tp passengers with better discounts, we would be more loyal.Or so itseems to me.
Old October 13th, 2009, 09:04 PM
Admiral

Default PERKS

Absolutely agree with you... it's really for us a combination of ports, the cruise line and lets be honest... the price.. Just got to thinking about the t/a of the Eclipse.lol in 2011, wonder where that is going,
Old October 13th, 2009, 09:23 PM
Admiral

If I like this cruise half as much as I think I will, then I'll be doing this for the next 30 years or so. I figure most of my cruises will be on Carnival, RCI, and NCL. I've been noticing deep discounts for this time of the year. I'm guessing it is due to a drop in people vacationing after Labor Day. Just wonder if the repeat customer discounts can compete with this season thing? If not, I know when I'll be doing my trips.
Old October 13th, 2009, 11:55 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moiraine
I've been noticing deep discounts for this time of the year. I'm guessing it is due to a drop in people vacationing after Labor Day. Just wonder if the repeat customer discounts can compete with this season thing? If not, I know when I'll be doing my trips.
Actually, the deep discounts are party due to what you suggest, partly to the fact that hurricane season is not over, and probably more due to the fact the the economy is still bad and the cruise lines are struggling to fill their ships. A lot of folks who would have been cruising three years ago can not afford to do so right now, having lost a bundle in stocks , bonds, and real property. Sad but true.

Polynesia, Carib. '86
Cr. Odyssey, Scandinavia, '91, 30 Day S Pac. 2002
Crystal Harm, Aust., N.Z., '94
Royal Odyssey, AK,'96
Old Cr. Pr. Canal, '97
RCCL, Carib, 1998
Volendam, Car, 2000
Ryndam, 35 day S. Am., Antarctica, '03
Is. Pr., Canal, 2004
Statendam, 34 day China, Japan, AK '06
Cr.Pr., Carib. 08
Eurodam, Atlantic, Med. '10
Golden Princess
Old October 13th, 2009, 11:59 PM
Admiral

As for repeater discounts, the perks I've noticed are more along the lines of shipboard credits, captain's parties etc. than deep cuts in cruise prices. Oh and you get cool little badges

Polynesia, Carib. '86
Cr. Odyssey, Scandinavia, '91, 30 Day S Pac. 2002
Crystal Harm, Aust., N.Z., '94
Royal Odyssey, AK,'96
Old Cr. Pr. Canal, '97
RCCL, Carib, 1998
Volendam, Car, 2000
Ryndam, 35 day S. Am., Antarctica, '03
Is. Pr., Canal, 2004
Statendam, 34 day China, Japan, AK '06
Cr.Pr., Carib. 08
Eurodam, Atlantic, Med. '10
Golden Princess
Old October 14th, 2009, 12:14 AM
Admiral

Hmm, I can live without the parties, but I would not mind the shipboard credits at all.
Old October 19th, 2009, 07:48 PM
Cruise Maniac

I don't understand some of the comments I have received disounts for Latitudes from $50 pp to $300 depending on the cruise and category I booked. I would say that was significant. AND you can still get other discounts, Senior, Military, resident on top of the Latitudes and you can still get MOST special offers, for instance I just booked with a Senior, Latitudes and Military discount and got half price deposit and $75 OBC under the CLIA special.

The Opposite of Love is not Hate, But Indifference
Old October 24th, 2009, 04:23 PM
Captain

Repeaters discounts are not as much on the cruise fare as they are perks while onboard. Some lines offer specials for past passengers, CCL especially does this, and they offer some pretty good deals. However, they are often times very low season cruises to begin with ie. early Jan.
It is certainly worth checking in w/ your cruise lines. There is not a particular % off - depends on the cruise and if you are usuing other d/c as well. For instance - I booked a cruise on NCL for the Baltics next year. We are gold and have a military d/c and sr. citizen .

One other couple was military but not Latitutde and was sr. citizen.

The other couple was Latitutde, sr. citizen but not military.

All three of us had different prices for the same category cabin. The agent gave me the breakdown as to how much we got for each part of the discount. If you use Latitudes and Military, our Latitudes discount was reduced to $50/pp. I forgot the particular numbers but the lesson is that it just depends. Sometimes there are also specials basedon where you live. I know in LA, CCL often has a Louisiana d/c available.

I find Carnival's past passenger rate is often zero but military or early booking can save you a lot - unless it's their special past pass. special cruise.

Long and short - find a cruise you like on a line you like and go for it.
We cruise NCL primarily because we like freestyle and now that we're gold we really like the onbord perks. But, we also cruise CCL fairly often because we are in drving distance to NO and Galveston.

Do your homework and enjoy!
Old October 25th, 2009, 08:28 AM
Cruise Maniac

Do you have to be retired from the military to get discount or are you entitiled if you served?
Old November 30th, 2009, 07:35 PM
Captain

I don't know about the past passengers perks on Carnival, but the perks on Princess a division of Carnival Corporation, are one of the best in the cruise industry.

While I don't have "a beloved" cruiseline, I do appreciate a company that rewards its loyal passengers. I don't know about the past passenger program on RCL , but it has to be much better than the program offered by its Celebrity division, which by industry standards is pretty dismal.

Debra

Winston Churchill

email: [email protected]