Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 30th, 2004, 06:09 PM
MTodd

Default Clothing Optional Beaches/Decks

I am taking my wife on a cruise (our first) for her 40th birthday. We haven't made a reservation yet but will be cruising in November. She is in major workout mode right now and since this is her 40th, she would like to do something a little "wild". She mentioned either an on-shore excursion to a clothing optional beach, or a ship that has a topless or clothing optional deck. This may not sound right, but we would want it to be a "classy" area, not a nudist camp. Any advice? I would rather have an idea before I ask face to face with a travel agent.
Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old December 30th, 2004, 06:27 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Clothing Optional Beaches/Decks

Hi MT,
The Carnival ships do have a topless deck on their ships. There are also some islands that do have topless beaches. We've been to Orient beach in St. Maarten, and its also next to a nudist beach too.

Message Boards Moderator
Old December 30th, 2004, 11:40 PM
cac

What Carnival ships have topless decks
Old December 31st, 2004, 07:06 AM
HappyCamper383

Yip, top decks on Carnival ships! I also saw a few women walking around by the pool with thong bikinis (very small ones).

If you sail out of New Orleans, there are some pretty neat shops for "non dining" atire.
(toung in cheek)
Old January 2nd, 2005, 04:30 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cassandra

Royal Caribbean ships do not have topless decks. I believe Carnival is the only one in the cruise line that has this (notice key word "think"). However, from other posts on other sites if she decides to do the thong thing, but leary. Many folks don't want their kids viewing things & apparently fights have broken out on a few ships. (not on Carnival, few on Royal, 2 reports on another cruise line).

But hey, if she wants to go topless! Go for it! Some of the folks that posted above are correct on the beaches & such. Just warn her cuz guys will google at her and anyone with kids might give her dirty looks.
Old January 2nd, 2005, 06:44 PM
MTodd

We definitely would want to stay away from any area with kids. We have 3 of our own so we understand that. And again, I know it sounds a little weird, but she would like a classy area to do something "wild" and show, I guess herself, that she is sexy at 40. Maybe a European type are, where you just blend in. Any such place on a Caribbean cruise?
Old January 3rd, 2005, 10:05 PM
Admiral

LIke Donna said, Orient Beach in St Martin has a clothing optional area and nobody really pays any attention. There are some areas on certain islands and ports that allow topless but very few that are CO. CCL also has the only official topless designated area to sunbath of the ships that regularly depart the USA. As you will find after traveling to other nations topless is often no big deal at all and most could care less or even bother looking. C/O is a bit more rare but also well accepted and again, no big deal. It is us Americans that seem to have the hang-ups like that. I'll admit that while being at a topless area of even a C/O area does not bother or concern me at all, I still will keep my suit on thank you very much. <G>
Jim

Old January 10th, 2005, 04:19 PM
Allan

Celebrity Cruise Lines Millenium class ships have topless sunbathing on the top deck.
Old January 12th, 2005, 07:40 AM
Admiral

any french-owned island will have topless and/or clothing optional beaches. - Martinique - topless, St. Maarten(Orient Beach- clothing optional section)