Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 4th, 2001, 02:49 PM
Donalee

Default Anyone travel with a baby on cruise?

Hi everyone, we are going on a cruise in Oct. on Imagination. I am soooo excited, as I have never been cruising before. I have 2 children and I am finding it hard to leave them behind. My 9 yr old would be fine, but I have a son who will be 11 months old at the time of cruise. I would like to know if anyone has traveled with a baby before. There is so much stuff to pack for a baby. Thanks for any help.
Sponsored Links
Old August 5th, 2001, 09:51 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: Anyone travel with a baby on cruise?

When our now 3-yr old son was 14 months old, we took him on a cruise to Alaska. We really enjoyed the fact that we only had to unpack and pack all that "baby stuff" once, but saw several ports. Also, the staff was great about entertaining him - especially at dinner. Probably the only downside was that we tried to get him to bed somewhere close to his regular bedtime and get his nap in the afternoon, so we had to arrange our schedule around that. We're taking him on a 12-day cruise to Hawaii in a couple of months! I wouldn't hesitate to take an 11-month old.
Old August 6th, 2001, 08:02 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Anyone travel with a baby on cruise?

Donalee,

We took our first cruise in May and it was with our 11 month old. At first, all of our friends told we were crazy, that we should leave him behind, etc., but we could not be that long with out him. It was a family vacation and he was apart of it. We did have alot to pack, but I think he had as much of a good time as we did. Of course, we did not hit the bars, but we are not that type of party people. Don't worry, about taking him, you will all have a good time. The staff really went out of the way to accomodate him, and at dinner they always brought him some icecream to eat, while we had our dinner. Your baby will be just fine!!!