Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 20th, 2003, 04:53 PM
Passenger

Default Best 3 day???

I am taking a friend on a cruise. She has never been on one before. (I've taken 4 different Carnival cruises). She doesn't have much time off work - so we are limited to a 3 day cruise. I can't decide whether to do the 3 day Bahama one or the 3 day Ensenada one. I've been on both - but I really don't remember a lot about the excursion options - or even the shopping. (Just a bad memory; didn't spend it all inebriated or anything, lol).

Which do you think would be the best first experience for her?

I'd also be interested in hearing any comments on the best way to spend the day in either Nassau or Ensenada.

Thanks!

Janet

Carnival Destiny
Sponsored Links
Old September 20th, 2003, 11:18 PM
Cruisingocean

Default Re: Best 3 day???

I believe the Fantasy is currently being refurbished so it will be in prestine condition. I will be in the bahamas in October. I plan to go the the Altantis hotel. I've read about it here on the boards and it sounds kind of interest. I suggest coming to Florida - but then again I live here, but it is gorgeous!
Old September 21st, 2003, 10:27 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin

In Ensenada, the wine country tour was very enjoyable.

I guess it would depend on where you live which one you may wish to go on. We're in San Diego, so the Ecstasy is a no brainer in terms of convenience and cost.

Harry
Old September 21st, 2003, 11:28 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Best 3 day???

I agree with Harry. Basically it would really depend on where you are located. If you are out west than by all means do a Mexician Riveria cruise and if you are on the east coast do the Bahamas thing. It just isn;t worth wasting all that airfare on a three dayer to me. <G>
Jim

Old September 21st, 2003, 08:14 PM
Passenger

Unfortunately I'm in Indiana - and neither option is within driving distance - and air fare is about the same for both - though I've set up alerts re: the air fare to try to catch a cheap price. I agree about it not being worth the flight cost for a 3 day - and it's such a shame to do the flight and then only a 3 day cruise - when a 7 day cruise isn't that much more - but she just doesn't have the vacation time to be able to go on a longer one.

Thanks for the tip on the Ensenada wine country tour.

Carnival Destiny