Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 24th, 2005, 11:45 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default New Years eve cruise

Hi, My family and I were considering a New Years Eve cruise. We are from way up north and have always traveled south in late feb or summer time. I am wondering how the carribean is in december? Do the crusie lines have a NY eve party? If anyone has traveled during this season I would love some feed back. Also is it very expensive to travel that week. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old May 24th, 2005, 12:01 PM
Jenniferlane

Default Re: New Years eve cruise

We went the week after Christmas in '03. They do a New Years Eve party on the Lido deck. The weather for us on the western carr. cruise was usually in the 70's-80's. It was definitely cooler, but not too cool to go swimming on the beach. It was about the same price as a summer cruise because it was a week when school was out and lots of families were traveling. So, the price will always be higher when school is out. Have fun!!
Old May 24th, 2005, 12:18 PM
Passenger

Default Re: New Years eve cruise

We sailed on December 26 - January 2 on the Victory this past Christmas. There was a big New Year's Eve party on the Lido deck. Champagne, music, dancing, midnight toast, etc. They even set up a big screen and were showing Dick Clark's New Year's Eve show (though it wasn't hosted by Dick Clark!) I think just about everyone on ths ship was on the Lido deck that night. At dinner that night, they had party favors and hats and everything at all of the tables. It was really fun.

The temperature was cooler, (70s-80s as the other poster said). Definitely warm enough to wear shorts and go swimming. It was nice not having stifling heat. It did get a little cold at night up on the Lido deck, with the wind blowing.

I think this cruise was about the most expensive cruise of the year when we were looking at prices. Flights really weren't too bad (price-wise), but expect to pay more than just about any other time for the cruise.