Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 19th, 2006, 11:01 AM
Captain

Default Alternative cruise parking in Port Canaveral?

My husband and I are taking our first cruise out of Port Canaveral in September. We haven't decided if we are going to fly there or drive. (We live in Texas.)

Is there an alternative cruise parking facility in Port Canaveral, or is the only option parking at the cruise terminal? I read that parking there is $12 a day. I was just wondering if there is another lot that is cheaper.

Any information is appreciated. Thanks!!!!

Libragirl (Mary)
Sponsored Links
Old July 19th, 2006, 11:20 AM
Passenger

Libra (love your name..Libra here too)..lol..if you stay at a hotel close to the Port, alot of them will let you park your car there if your taking a cruise. Check out LaQuinta..I know they will do that and they have transportation going to and from the Port.

Carnival Glory
Old July 19th, 2006, 11:34 AM
Captain

Thanks, DolphinFan!! I really appreciate your help.

Libragirl (Mary)
Old July 19th, 2006, 08:16 PM
Admiral

Or check the Radisson Resort at the port. They have a special "cruise" deal that allows you to park for free at the hotel for the week and take their shuttle to the port. They also have a lovely little pool party the night before your cruise.

dorothy

Carnival Elation
Carnival Elation March 11
Carnival Imagination Sept 07
Carniival Sensation Dec 06
RCI Sovereign of the Seas Sept 06
Carnival Miracle Sept 05
Carnival Glory Sept 04
Carnival Fantasy Jan 04
Old July 19th, 2006, 10:53 PM
Captain

Thanks, Dorothy!!

Libragirl (Mary)
Old July 20th, 2006, 06:53 PM
First Mate

One more hotel to consider -- Comfort Inn and Suites. The Radison is closer to the port, but I'm not sure what the price difference is. We stayed at Comfort Inn before our cruise on Glory two weeks ago and loved it. (We also found out we had been upgraded to a suite, which was nice.) It was also across the street from the beach, and there was a good pool/hot tub and volleyball nets outside. We parked our car on Comfort Inn's reserved lot, and there were several shuttles to pick people up between 11 am and 11:30. After our cruise (after we got through security), the shuttle company was holding up a sign, and we easily found them.

Here's the link for the special cruise program Comfort Inn offers.
http://www.secure-res.com/res/vn2/li...id=939&wtpid=1
Old July 20th, 2006, 10:05 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Djcarolina

I agree with most here, stay at a hotel that has reserved parking for cruise guests. We sail out of Canaveral about every 2 weeks and i personally would choose the Raddisson over the Comfort Inn and Suites. Believe me i'm not bashing the hotel or franchise, my family owns 6 hotels all of which are Choice properties (the franchise that owns Comfort) and one of those is a Comfort Inn & Suites. In my experience the Raddisson is a much nicer property with better staff and nicer rooms. Hotels aside though keep in mind that now however all cars that contain passengers sailing on Carnival ships are Valet Parked. So you are paying $12 for a little more now. Anyway any got any special questions about parking send me a PM or Email.

Oasis of the Seas
Allure of the Seas
Freedom of the Seas
Mariner of the Seas
Navigator of the Seas
Grandeur of the Seas
Enchantment of the Seas
Brilliance of the Seas
Jewel of the Seas
Monarch of the Seas
Voyager of the Seas
Sovereign of the Seas
Fantasy
Sensation
Fascination
Carnival Glory
Carnival Valor
Carnival Conquest
Cunard Queen Mary 2
Disney Magic/Wonder
Cruise Total as of July 2014: 118 Cruises
Old July 20th, 2006, 11:17 PM
Captain

Thanks everyone for your help. I am very excited about our cruises out of Port Canaveral. Now, we just have to decide if we are driving or flying there.

Libragirl
Old July 22nd, 2006, 12:45 AM
First Mate

Ryan knows much more about the matter than I do. If he says go with Radisson, that's probably what you'll want to do.
Old July 22nd, 2006, 01:02 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Djcarolina

Lol well let me backtrack a little bit, honestly if you are going to get in at 11pm the night before your sail date then i'd go with the Comfort but if you are traveling with family or really want the 5 Star treatment before you get on the ship then go for the Raddisson. I love both properties but each serve a purpose. Comfort Inn Is for a quick 1 nighter and Raddisson is for a nice stay where you can enjoy the facilities. Personally though if you consider the accomodations at the Comfort, i'd first check with the Quality Suites there in Cocoa because all of their rooms are 2 room suites which are HUGE an VERY NICE!!

Oasis of the Seas
Allure of the Seas
Freedom of the Seas
Mariner of the Seas
Navigator of the Seas
Grandeur of the Seas
Enchantment of the Seas
Brilliance of the Seas
Jewel of the Seas
Monarch of the Seas
Voyager of the Seas
Sovereign of the Seas
Fantasy
Sensation
Fascination
Carnival Glory
Carnival Valor
Carnival Conquest
Cunard Queen Mary 2
Disney Magic/Wonder
Cruise Total as of July 2014: 118 Cruises
Old December 2nd, 2012, 07:28 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Hi ya'll I happen to drive a bus for the best cruise parking lot in Port Canaveral. So I know all the deals in town. And I gotta tell ya that if you want to roll right up,get out of your car,get on a bus and go to the ship,this is for you!!!!! Its only 5.99 a day book it online too. And walk ins or drive ins are welomed too up to 3Oclock!!! So if ya dont want to stay overnite and dont want to get ripped off at the port for high prices, call Premier Parking and reserve a spot. Tell them Mike sent ya. I'll see ya'll there! Mike