Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 18th, 2010, 01:01 PM
Passenger

Question Has anyone had wine taken from their checked bags?

I've searched the boards and found lots of discussions about bringing wine or other beverages on board. However, nobody has said they had anything confiscated. Has anyone had anything removed from their bags? I'm considering taking a box of wine for the cabin. The policy mentions that you can take one bottle so I'm guessing a box is not allowed. Has anyone had any experiences with this?

BTW, I don't plan on bringing the box to dinner
Sponsored Links
Old January 18th, 2010, 02:02 PM
Familiar Face

Never have had anything taken. Actually you are allowed to bring a bottle of wine per person on board.

I usually put one in my bag, hubby's bag and my 2 children's (wrapped in bubble wrap of course)

Lately we've been bringing a box or 2 of the box wine (Black Box is pretty good and very convenient for cruising).

Hope this helps.

Past Cruises:
CARNIVAL DREAM, 12-23-10
CARNIVAL GLORY, 07-04-09
CARNIVAL ECSTASY, 03-21-09
CARNIVAL CONQUEST, 12-21-08
CARNIVAL CONQUEST, 12-23-07
Old January 18th, 2010, 02:18 PM
Passenger

Thanks. It's been a while since I tried wine from a box, but I've heard it's improved over the years. I'll have to look for the Black Box brand. And I see from their website that it comes in a 3 liter rather than a 5 liter. That's a more sensible size for 2 of us for a week.