Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 13th, 2010, 11:02 AM
Beginner

Default Ocho Rios Dunn's River Falls Excursion

I am looking at Dunn's River Falls as one of our excurstions. Can you tell me if it will be ok for someone that is out of shape and with bad knees? I understand there are steps I can take--are they very steep? Is there any other way (transport) to get to the top. Do you have to go back down for transportation back to ship or do they do that from the top of the falls?
Sponsored Links
Old April 13th, 2010, 12:13 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

While I've seen people of all ages, size and shape climbing the falls, it is a fairly tough climb, on slippery rocks.

With bad knees, and if you have limited mobility, you may find it too difficult.

Doing the stairs wouldn't be as tough as there are several "landing areas" where you can stop and rest if you have the need.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old April 13th, 2010, 01:34 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

I have a bad back, and have never wanted to chance climbing...bad knees in the mix, even more difficult..also remember you are holding hands, and maybe expected to help pull the person behind you..this could be a big strain...

If by chance you decide to do this...get the beach shoes they sell in Walmart, etc, with the pebbly bottoms for better traction...

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator