Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 3rd, 2011, 06:54 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Interior Staterooms Bed Setup

On Carnval's website it mentions that some rooms come with pull down beds, perfect for families. I'm going on a cruise at the end of this month with my girlfriend and didn't want to book an interior room and get stuck with two "bunk-beds". Do all rooms come with beds that can be arranged into one larger bed or are there rooms with just separate twin beds? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old January 3rd, 2011, 07:03 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsabina87 View Post
On Carnival's website it mentions that some rooms come with pull down beds, perfect for families. I'm going on a cruise at the end of this month with my girlfriend and didn't want to book an interior room and get stuck with two "bunk-beds". Do all rooms come with beds that can be arranged into one larger bed or are there rooms with just separate twin beds? Thanks!
Category 1A cabins are the only cabins, that I know of, that are bunk beds. The other Cat 4 cabins have Queen beds that can be pulled apart to make twin beds.

The "pull down" bunks are either built into the ceiling or fold up against the wall. These would be used for a third or fourth person in the cabin.

Take care and don't book the 1A.
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old January 3rd, 2011, 07:07 PM
Familiar Face

It depends upon the category. Usually Cat 1A are the ones that have uppers and lowers. I do a Girlfriend's vacation each year and this year we sailed on the Liberty. I am somewhat of a snob when it comes to cabins as I am used to Balcony and Suites. However, we wanted to go cheap so we booked an interior on Deck 1 forward. I think we were Cat 4A which had separate twin beds. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised and my fears were unfounded. The Cabin was great!
Old January 4th, 2011, 02:02 PM
Captain

Depends on the ship too .. which ship are you looking at?

PT is usually a good buy, they are set up for two people at 4A prices, and have two port holes.

1As on Conquest class, almost none that I know of are bunk beds, but many have one twin and one convertible sofa, so dont push together. Unless you have a particular ship, I would stick with a 4A, 4B etc or a PT (port hole) category.
Old January 15th, 2011, 09:27 PM
Familiar Face

I have a relative that is traveling with 3 kids & said he has a pull out bed on the Fantasy. Any comments on those rooms so I can pass the info on? Thanks!
Old January 16th, 2011, 04:48 AM
Admiral

Look up the deck plan for your ship, you can see what is in the room you select, be it twin beds, one single and a pulldown or what.
Old January 16th, 2011, 08:29 AM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by newlywed View Post
I have a relative that is traveling with 3 kids & said he has a pull out bed on the Fantasy. Any comments on those rooms so I can pass the info on? Thanks!
Here are two pictures of our cabin on the Ecstasy. (The sister ship of the Fantasy) It had two pull down beds in the room. One was over the head of the bed, the other was against the wall at the foot of the bed. It can be a little cramped, but we were rarely in the room.

Cruise Ship Pictures - CruiseMates Cruise Photos Gallery
Cruise Ship Pictures - CruiseMates Cruise Photos Gallery

Upcoming Cruises
Carnival Sunshine - January 2014
Carnival Dream - January 2015

Previous Ships
Carnival Fascination
Carnival Victory
Sapphire Princess
Carnival Triumph (X 3)
Carnival Ecstasy (X 2)
Golden Princess