Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 16th, 2014, 01:39 PM
First Mate

Default Just off Conquest

Sailed Carnival Conquest out of Miami 2-9 Feb. Ship was very clean and very impressive in the upkeep of all the spaces. Enjoyed Guy's Burgers and the Blue Cantina Taco/Burrito bar. Port were Nassau, San Juan, St. Thomas and Grand Turk. Been to these ports several times before and not much is new. We did the Bacardi Tour in San Juan. We had been forewarned that we wouldn't actually see any production due to safety regs, but it was entertaining and informative at the same time. And of course free rum drinks at 9 in the morning are always great. Grand Turk appears to have fully recovered from the hurricane damage of a couple of years ago. At least we didn't see and "FEMA Blue" tarps when docking. Ship food was good but not very impressive. Wait staff in main dining room gave exceptional service. We were glad to see that at least on the Conquest there were once again 3 man teams in the MDR. Made for quick and efficient service. The only drawback was the terrible organization for debarkation. Carnival needs to get something worked out. They called away all No. 1s first. That included self-assist, FTF and Platinum and above guests. Hallways were jammed, folks ignored the lines and were cutting in all over the place. Waiting just outside the lobby to disembark, long lines were crashed by those using the elevators who just got off the elevators and cut right into line instead of going to the back. Only one staff member was attempting to keep law and order. Seems to me that the least Carnival cold do is to assign each group (self-assist, FTF and Platinum and above) different numbers and eliminate the crush. However, the cruise was great and we enjoyed it. especially escaping the cold weather here in Virginia. Oh one other thing. The shows in the main auditorium were a bit lacking. The show the "Brits" for instance, had super visuals and animation, but at times it felt like the dancers and singers were lip-syncing. Honestly, the show didn't need dancers and singers. The effects were great. Next up is a 5 day cruise out of Charleston on the Fantasy. Son and daughter-in-law want to try a short cruise to see if they like it. (of course they will ) We will make sure of that.

All in all. a wonderful cruise with a few minor bumps. But as we all know, a day cruising is better than a day freezing!
Sponsored Links
Old February 16th, 2014, 05:29 PM
Admiral

Nice to hear you enjoyed yourself. I agree Carnival shows are not very good and I doubt I'll even go to any on my Breeze cruise. Food was decent on my December cruise but nothing special .....for me it's just about being on the ship out in the open waters and stops in port. We took our time getting off even though we had zone 1 so it wasn't bad at all. We would like to take a 10:30am flight home from Breeze out of Miami but not too sure it's worth the risk.

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

ALLURE OF THE SEAS FEB 2016.... Who's going with??
Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old February 17th, 2014, 01:47 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerogirl View Post
Nice to hear you enjoyed yourself. I agree Carnival shows are not very good and I doubt I'll even go to any on my Breeze cruise. Food was decent on my December cruise but nothing special .....for me it's just about being on the ship out in the open waters and stops in port. We took our time getting off even though we had zone 1 so it wasn't bad at all. We would like to take a 10:30am flight home from Breeze out of Miami but not too sure it's worth the risk.

We were not really in a hurry to debark. We had breakfast in the MDR and then headed to the gangway. That was were the fun really began. But as I said it did not spoil our cruise. However, I bet some of the folks who had early flights were a bit nervous.