Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 5th, 2018, 03:59 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default When to Book Shore Excursions/SPA Treatments

I've got a cruise planned for myself and my husband on the Carnival Pride out of Baltimore in September 2019. After booking, I started looking around Carnival's customer portal and see that I can already book shore excursions, SPA treatments, internet access and the like. I can't imagine booking these services now but is there any advantage to doing so? Will these prices be more expensive on the ship? If I should book in advance, about how far in advance would anyone recommend? The only activity I really, really, really want is to book one of the cabanas on Half Moon Cay. I have read these are popular, but I don't know how popular and if these cabanas will all get reserved right away. And, what about the SPA? Your thoughts and insight into this is greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old July 6th, 2018, 06:22 PM
Cruise Maniac

I strongly recommend against booking spa services in advance, there are some serious issues with that process

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5I65kBC2O0

There are rare discount codes for excursions but the real advantage to booking those early is to just secure your spot in case they sell out
Old July 10th, 2018, 11:20 AM
Cruise Maniac

Wow, I'm glad I asked about the SPA. The commentary on your experience was interesting and insightful. I will definitely not be booking the SPA in advance but as my hubby is a fan of massages, I will just wait till we get on-board. It sounds like Carnival attempted to make things right with you, so I am assuming you are still a fan of the cruise line.
Old July 10th, 2018, 06:02 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2vacation63 View Post
Wow, I'm glad I asked about the SPA. The commentary on your experience was interesting and insightful. I will definitely not be booking the SPA in advance but as my hubby is a fan of massages, I will just wait till we get on-board. It sounds like Carnival attempted to make things right with you, so I am assuming you are still a fan of the cruise line.
Yup. The real lesson for us was just to not book the spa online because the quality, treatment, value, and service can vary wildly from ship to ship. I recommend you check it out on the first day, get the free tour and enter the raffle to get a feel for the place before you commit but if you get a good vibe, ny all means go for it.