Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 30th, 2005, 02:45 AM
Admiral

Default Happy Memorial Day !!

Uggghhhh... Monday again, already (sigh)

I wanted to say my own Thank You to anyone, anywhere who has sacrificed their time and some much more than time to TRY make our world a safer place to live !

Thank you from the bottom of my heart.... your actions are gratefully appreciated !

Steph
Sponsored Links
Old May 30th, 2005, 04:33 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Happy Memorial Day !!

Yes, THANK YOU to all who have served to keep this world a safer place. We do not say it often enough.
I am not sure why I am up so darn early on my day off. My body just knows it is supposed to be up and about at 5 a.m. I stayed in bed trying to force myself back to sleep, but that didn't happen, so here I am!
Not much on tap for today. Hopefully, some early yard work before the rains begins. Then I really should do some of the work I brought home. OR maybe go to the mall, hmmmmmmm; work or mall? Work or mall? Tough decision. I hope you all have a great day.

RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old May 30th, 2005, 05:05 AM
Admiral

To our American friends, have a thankful Memorial Day. In Canada, we set aside November 11th and call it ''Rememberance Day''.

Steph, good to see you starting the thread.

MaryLou, I vote you go to the mall, go girl.

A bit disappointed in the outcome of the Canadian Junior Hockey championship last night. The London Knights won over our Rimouski Oceanics.

Local newspaper headline news: ''SUNNY DAYS ARE HERE AGAIN'' . It goes on ...''At last! A break from the rain as nice weather finally makes an appearance''.

Have a fun day,

Bill
Old May 30th, 2005, 06:24 AM
Jen Young

Good Morning All,

I will join in my voice of thanks to all our Military, those serving now, those who have served and those who have given the ultimate sacrifice.

Saturday turned out nice here, but the ground was too saturated to plant anything.
Yesterday started out promising, but showers took over the afternoon. It is already, or still raining today. This weather has made me lazy and I'm officially disgusted with myself.

Nothing on today's agenda that is very exciting. I think the Parade will be cancelled. At least at the moment Thursday's forecast looks to be full of sunshine, making my outing to Fenway promising.

VTJen
Old May 30th, 2005, 06:32 AM
Admiral

Good morning from partly cloudy SE Florida.

Thank you to all those who are serving and have served in the military for our country.
I watched the Memorial Day celebration in Washington DC on the tv last night. Had me in tears. It really helped to focus for a little while on what this is all about.

We'll head out in a little while to spend some time with my brother in Boynton Beach. Otherwise there isn't much on our little calendar. I may even cook at home tonight. :-) I've got a big piece of leftover NY strip from my dinner out the other day. That will make a nice oriental stir fry for supper. No cookouts when you live in a condo.

Have a good and safe day everyone.

Phyll

Old May 30th, 2005, 07:07 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Good Morning from NH's Lakes Region!! Yesterday was sooooooo great. Yes, we did get some rain but it held off. We had a cook out with friends. Nice to spend a quiet afternoon with friends we have not seen in a while. Thank you to all the great men and women that serve so selflessly to make this country the great free nation that it is. I will also take a moment today to remember those who gave their lives for our freedom. Have a great holiday CruiseMates.

Laura

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old May 30th, 2005, 07:26 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from Montreal, where as Bill said, the weather is improving. This week is promising to be a big improvement temperature-wise, but still a few showers today and tomorrow. Maybe finally, summer is coming!
Well, no holiday Monday here, ours was last week, so it's off to work for me, and I have to work late on top of that!
Enjoy your day off everyone!

donna

Old May 30th, 2005, 07:44 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
A big thankyou for all the heroes, who protect our country...I hope you are all on American soil soon..We pray for you.

Today Bruce and I will attempt to clean our screened in porch..you know how it is, it can be a dumping ground for whatever....but it will be great again in no time...

We divided some Hosta's yesterday,and placed them in our rock garden..I love this plant..it keeps spreading, with hardly any work...Inbetween, laundry, making supper...oh my..I will be tired, on back meds, by the end of this day, I feel it already...Have a safe day!

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old May 30th, 2005, 07:50 AM
Admiral

Hi from Florida, holiday or not it's more of the same around here. Gonna be another beautiful day and some more unpacking and organizing to be done.

God Bless all those who gave their lives in the quest for freedom and keep safe those boys, girls, men and women who are still fighting for that same freedom throughout the world. Let's hope they all come home safely and soon.

Have a good day everyone.

Carnival Glory
Old May 30th, 2005, 07:51 AM
Admiral

Thank you for me also for all of the brave men and women who gives their incredible efforts in these scary times, and some give the ultimate price. I hope and brave that our people can be home soon from this craziness.

"Home of the Free, because of the Brave!"

Have a good day, everyone, and don't forget the true meaning of this holiday.....

8/92 Mex. Riv. Commodore
9/98, 9/00, 9/02 & 7/04 Caribbean - Paradise
10/00, 08/05 Pac. Wtrs. Holiday, Monarch
04/06 Hawaii - Celebrity Summit
09/07 Alaska - Celebrity Summit
07/09 Western Caribbean RCCL Liberty of the Seas
Old May 30th, 2005, 08:07 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to rayb Send a message via Skype™ to rayb

Wishing a HAPPLY MEMORIAL DAY to all those that have served and those that are serving our country. Hopeing for PEACE around this planet. Hasty and safe return for those that are on active duty in foreign lands. We have served and gladly accept the thanks.

I Sail The Carnival Dream.

The Royal Princess Transatlantic.

I sail The Crown Princess to The Southern Caribbean.
Old May 30th, 2005, 08:58 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

It's Memorial Day, it's Monday, it's beautiful and I'm beat. We've been on the go since Friday with graduations and birthdays. The weather has been mediocre but we made the best of it. Today looks beautiful but I will spend most of the day bailing the lawn.

I hope everyone has a great Memorial Day.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old May 30th, 2005, 09:02 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Happy Memorial Day !!

Good morning from sunny Florida.Had a nice day at the beach yesterday but it was way too hot.Some church had an outreach and invited everyone for a great cook out and we munched on some great grilled chicken.
Today friends invited us over for jet skiing but we passed on that.My dh has work to do and the grass is very tall. I am taking oldest daughter shopping today.Young Aiden had a blast in the ocean yesterday he loves the water. A true Floridian! I off course was sun burned a bit and the pool outside is calling my name.

Have a great day and enjoy one of those very few holidays the USA has.

Old May 30th, 2005, 09:28 AM
Admiral

In a repeat of my earlier post.....
==========================
Memorial Day should remind us that freedom is always under challenge
and that freedom is never free. Freedom is important enough to live for,
and precious enough to die for. Let us not forget those men and women
who have served our great nation during times peace and conflict.
Because they gave their "last full measure of devotion",
we are forever in their debt. We stand with bowed heads and humble hearts
for their graves are hallowed places. Their service to God and country will always be remembered.
On this day, we can pay no higher tribute to our dead,
nor render greater service to our great nation, than instill in others,
who seemingly have no special reason for remembering,
what the true spirit of Memorial Day really is.
It is a day for all Americans!

~~By Laura Slaton Phillips~~
===============================================
Our Kids:

Dana, serving in the U.S Navy on the U.S.S. Winston Churchill

This is a photoshop image of Ashley, how she will look in her Air Force uniform.
I just added her face to my old pic. She leaves in September.

This is my son Michael at Boot Camp last year.
Currently serving in the U.S. Army in Germany. Going to Iraq in November.

This is Michael when he surprised his sister at the bandhall one day.

I have been asked by my neice not to post her husbands photo, so I am posting
this Marine photo from the net. Her husband is in Iraq.

Honor all of our Military Personel, past, present, and future.

For those of you with family serving, don't forget your Blue Star Flag

Service Flags

The Service flag may be displayed, in a window of the place of residence of persons who are members of the immediate family of Service members serving in the Armed Forces of the United States during any period of war or hostilities in which the Armed Forces of the United States may be engaged, for the duration of such period of war or hostilities.

"Immediate family member" is defined as: wife, husband, mother, father, stepmother, stepfather, parent through adoption, foster parents who stand or stood in loco parentis, children, stepchildren, children through adoption, brothers, sisters, half brothers, and half sisters of a member of the Armed Forces of the United States. Unfortunately, the definition does not include grandparents.

Post Edited (05-30-05 09:29)
Old May 30th, 2005, 10:18 AM
DENISE H

iwant to add my thanks and prayers for all the hard work youn do to keep us free
Old May 30th, 2005, 10:26 AM
CruisinK&J

Good morning and a special commemorative Memorial Day with a great big hug of gratitude to those serving in our military and our tremendous respect for those who made the ultimate sacrifice for us.

Keith and I went shopping yesterday. There was little sun anywhere in our area of Southern California, but I liked the coolness. I know the heat, with its potential for fires, will come soon enough.

We will go to the gym this morning. After that, nothing planned, just a quiet day. I went to the book store yesterday and brought home a stack from my favorite authors. Because of the awful depression I have felt, I haven't read in a long time, and it felt good to start a new book.

Have a plesant and safe Memorial Day.

Judy
Old May 30th, 2005, 11:09 AM
Admiral

Good morning from a much cooler,cloudier Vancouver. I was kind of glad that heat went away yesterday as we had so much running around/driving to do for Ballet.
My oldest won first(out of 4 groups) in their Romantic Degas group dance. It was beautiful and the costumes were wonderful. One of the Mum's is a ?clothes designer!!
My youngest did her solo, but we could not find out how she did as we had to leave right away. We will find out today as she does her group dance number.
The performances at the next Venue went well although the youngest stumbled in her solo-she said the floor was sticky for her Jazz shoes. It was brief and she just got up and got back to her dance as Little Tommy Tucker.
We got to the NEXT venue in time to see the oldest get her bursary and to see her group dance. WHEW! What a tiring day!!
Off in a bit to collect the youngest from school, get her ready for group dance Festival and right after that I am off to work. I also work early on Tues. morn. so I can hardly wait for Tues. evening to arrive! I am tired already!! Plus we have to prepare/pack for our trip!!
Take care everyone. Hope you have a good day. Bye for now. Brenda
Old May 30th, 2005, 12:34 PM
Admiral

Thoughts and prayers going out to all on this Memorial Day

April
Old May 30th, 2005, 01:38 PM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

Good afternoon everyone from SE Wisconsin where we actually have had a great weather weekend for once!

I would also like to add my heartfelt thanks to all the servicemen and women throughout our country's history who have given of themselves to protect us and keep us free.