Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 3rd, 2006, 05:59 PM
Passenger

Default celebrity vs holland america

Hello. we are planning our 4th ever cruise. The first was with dolphin cruise line who is no longer, and the last two were with carnival. Our last carnival experience was not a good one.
We are traveling with a 4yr old and like to island hop. We heard holland has just started some kids programs and celebrity has some already. we are torn between the celebrity millenium out of ft lauderdale or holland america the zuderdam? Any input would be appreciated.
Thanks!
Kim
Sponsored Links
Old February 3rd, 2006, 06:02 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Both lines you'll see a few children, but not many. I'd recommend Royal Caribbean being a better fit for the family experience.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old February 4th, 2006, 08:54 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Skype™ to fllady

I agree with Kuki, Royal Caribbean has more children and from what others have told me a great childrens program. As for what I have seen, Celebrity has a smaller program, but the kids have fun. Wishing you a wonderful time which ever ship you cruise.
Old February 4th, 2006, 12:17 PM
Admiral

Before I read Kuki's and Flady's response, I was thinking the same thing. RCI has wonderful childrens programs. Celebrity is my favorite line, and they do have some children's programs, but I think you might be happier on RCI.

Phyll
Old February 4th, 2006, 12:47 PM
Admiral

Princess has a great childrens program too. Out of the two you mentioned, there is no contest in my mind. Celebrity is the only way to go. Your children will have a great time, and YOU WILL TOO! Good luck with your decision, and happy sailing.
Ken
Old February 4th, 2006, 01:13 PM
Admiral

Why did you dislike Carnival?

If it was due to large crowds and poor food, the RCI would also be a bad selection.

If you want good food and amenities but want your kid cared for, how about Disney?

I haven't sailed Celebrity for 20 years and have never sailed HAL, but from what I have read, I think Millie would be a wonderful cruise.

If you want to island hop, enjoy good food and service, and leave your daughter to fend for herself, I would recommend Seven Seas Navigatror sailings out of San Juan. Ft Lauderdale and Miami sailings will always have sea days while San Juan sailings can have a new Island each day.

"The test of a first rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function."

F Scott Fitzgerald

Silversea Silver Explorer (23nts) - Kangerlussuaq, Greenland - Nome, Alaska - Aug 14

Seven Seas Voyager (30nts) - Dubai - Cape Town - Nov 14
Old February 4th, 2006, 01:47 PM
Beginner

Celebrity's childrens program is not very impressive. My kids were bored and while they love cruising, their only request is not a Celebrity ship. Princess may be a good compromise for you.