Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

Old May 6th, 2008, 08:31 AM
First Mate

Default Tuesday - Good Morning

Good morning CM's

It's bright and sunny here in Toronto.

Just 3 more working days for me, then it's off on the Carnival Triumph, I'm just a little, just a little excited.

Back to work now, have a great day everyone.
Old May 6th, 2008, 09:20 AM
Admiral

Good Morning to you MissKMM and all I can say to you is "I'm envious"
I don't have a cruise for another 8 months !!
(I'm kidding) I think that's great that you have just a matter of days and you'll be in heaven!!!! Have a great trip!

Now, Kansas is being it's typical self regarding weather. Starting out as a perfect day but that will soon be ruined by all the nasty weather that's being predicted for today and the rest of the week. The only good day in the future forecast is Sunday - Mother's Day and that should be the perfect day.

Update on DD in Iraq - arrived safely and have talked to her so I can calm down just a bit- already have my countdown calender going only 121 more days (give or take) depending upon the returning rotator flight.

Everyone have a beautiful day and those who are sailing soon have a great cruise!
Old May 6th, 2008, 09:36 AM
Admiral

Last night spent on line with a friend and I am firming up plans for a 3-4 week trip to Europe next spring. It will be nice to plan it all. MissKMM have a wonderful time! bahamamomma, thoughts for you and your daughter. That must be a hard one, I am not sure I could take that kind of worry. have a good day every one.
Old May 6th, 2008, 09:38 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from a beautiful, sunny day in Montreal. It's already 12C and supposed to hit the high teens today, so that's an improvement! Still only in the 60's F, but I'll take what I can get!

Not much new here today, just thinking about all our CM friends on the Trans Atlantic cruise, hope they are having a great time.
Still hanging onto my memories of my own cruise 2 weeks ago, how's this for a perfect day?

donna
Old May 6th, 2008, 09:50 AM
Admiral

Good morning from our paradise in Barbados. Marj and I celebrated our anniversary a week late with a nice dinner at one of the top restaurants on the island. Gotta go...beach time!!!!!!

Everyone have a great day!!!

Beach Scene Looking North at St Lawrence Gap

Crown Princess March 2017
Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old May 6th, 2008, 09:55 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Good Morning from Lakeland. It looks like yet another near perfect day. Gotta love Florida! Ihave been so busy working last week and this week. I need a vacation! RD and Doug both pics look like the perfect place to be. Have a great dayall.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old May 6th, 2008, 10:07 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to CruiseNOID

Good Morning my CM friends!!

Doug, I so look forward to your pictures!! I am still green with envy. 90 days left for me.

Donna, I keep enjoying your blog updates. I can't wait til your next write up.

Bahama, we will be on the watch for your weather tomorrow night into Thursday. Glad to hear DD made it and I do hope for a quick and safe return. We'll keep counting down with you!!

[/code]

Carnival Inspiration 8/2009
Carnival Fascination 8/2008
Old May 6th, 2008, 10:17 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Nice to see all the vacation pictures ans plans. We will be around 70 today, so I am not whining. I am off the Drs. to get my sttitches out, from Trip's not so excellent adventure 10 days ago.

I had a trip to hell yesterday, aka Ikea..Between the size of the store, and lack of customer service, for the most part, I was grumpy, when I exited. Sad part is, I have to go back, to get part of my order...oy!

So, that's all I'm tellin:):)

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old May 6th, 2008, 11:01 AM
Admiral

CruiseNoid - where do you live? Must be close by if you're watching our weather - I'm really tired of all this rain - can't get anything dried out - DH is getting anxious as he doesn't have his beans in yet - corn is in but had a gully washer so we'll see how the corn goes - hope it doesnt' get as bad as they're predicting!!
Old May 6th, 2008, 11:15 AM
Admiral

Good morning all. My countdown clock looks great. Getting very excited.

Found out on Sunday that my favorite priest from church is leaving us. He has been reassigned to teach at the local seminary. It is a wonderful oppurtunity for him but sad news for us. We will see him again though as he is coming to our house in late May to do a family and house blessing since we will all be back together again.

Very busy at work and at home. Finally starting packing last night. We leave Friday morning for Tampa. Three days in Tampa and then we head to Port Canaveral on Monday morning for our cruise.

My daughter is just about done packing up her dorm room. The movers are picking up all her stuff (less her clothes for the cruise) and her car tomorrow for the move home.

Jen-----hope you are well
Sue-----prayers for you.
Doug and RD-----thanks for the picture

Where's Luanne been? Is she cruising? Did I miss something?

Hope everyone has a great and safe day.
Old May 6th, 2008, 11:32 AM
Admiral

Good morning from another sunny day in Virginia Beach, where the weather should hit into the mid 70's today. How I enjoy the spring where the weather is not too cool or too hot! Both Rob and I are looking forward to our cruise to New England and Canada in August.
Old May 6th, 2008, 11:55 AM
Admiral

Default Tuesday - Good Morning

Good morning from Southern California. Gloomy and chilly, but that will change.

Yesterday Keith and I both had projects that we didn't want to do, so we didn't! We just got in the car and bummed around instead. So guess what? When we got home, nothing was done. We pay the piper today, though.

Doug and RD, the pictures are lovely.

Have a good day, people.

Judy
Old May 6th, 2008, 12:24 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Skype™ to fllady

Good Morning, another busy day for me and more laundry. I think it multiplies while we sleep!!

I think Luanne went on a trip with ehr husband, and talked about Hawaii, but I was busy getting ready for my cruise so didn't apy too much attention. sorry.

RDonna, love the pictures, wish we were both back on CB. Love that ship.

Gotta run, have a great day. Sunny here and getting up into the high 80's today
Old May 6th, 2008, 01:17 PM
Admiral

Good Afternoon All,

The morning started out bright and sunny and it warmed up quick, but now the skies are threatening rain.

I am at work. Only have a little today, than a push tomorrow. Plan to be in here only two days this week. I have a lot to do with planning and preparing for Mother's Day.

Had a great day yesterday, spent far too much, but I guess thats what birthdays are for. Enjoyed a lovely seafood dinner at the end of the day too!

Today started with an early morning work related call, a extremely hilly walk - a dash to get to work and will end by a quick trip to the grocery store for just the basics as I'll do my party shopping later. Then pick up the dd (in this case dear doggy) at my mom's since we knew we would be gone for hours yesterday - he got to spend the night at "Grammies"
Then home and try to reign in the chaos.

Bahamma Momma - glad dd arrived safely. Hope it goes by really fast and she is always out of harms way.
Delft - what a fun adventure to plan
MissKMM - you must be very excited
Sue - hope you and your dd's have a great time together this weekend
Doug and Donna - great photos!
Cheryl - you must be excited too - with the upcoming cruise with your dd!
Trip - sorry about your trip to Ikea - I have never been to one. I hope the return trip is much pleasantier (sp?)
Well I must get back to business,

Lovely wished to you all!
Old May 6th, 2008, 02:26 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to CruiseNOID

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahamamomma
CruiseNoid - where do you live? Must be close by if you're watching our weather - I'm really tired of all this rain - can't get anything dried out - DH is getting anxious as he doesn't have his beans in yet - corn is in but had a gully washer so we'll see how the corn goes - hope it doesnt' get as bad as they're predicting!!
in WV. (Parkersburg which is pretty much west central wv). It sure has turned out to be a NICE day today. Should be hitting close to 80. YEAH!! The month will be over before I know it. Having a garden is wonderful, I sure miss it from where I live now. I love to can, cook, bake and all that.

I guess I have to get back at working again. It sure has been a VERY BUSY day. Not used to working this hard :evil:

Carnival Inspiration 8/2009
Carnival Fascination 8/2008
Old May 6th, 2008, 02:47 PM
Admiral

CruiseNoid - I've never been to WV, but have heard it's beautiful - someday I'll make it that direction. We have a garden, not much as of yet but I'll get the tomatoes and pepper plants this weekend - but the corn and beans I'm talking about are acres as we have a large farm and do mostly crops so we're always watching the weather and why I work outside of the home!!