Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 12th, 2008, 07:33 AM
Admiral

Default Monday Rise and Shine

Rise and Shine is what I didn when a neighbour called about a limping racoon having breakfrast on her patio!! The sun is out bright and it will be a nicewarm day. Just lovely. On my way out the door to do another busy surgical day, Lil LIl is coming with so she can get her blood work and get her transfussion. My little honey bunny.

Trip, that song you8 posted, have not been able to get it out of my head, what a load of memmoriues it brought back. It is such a peaceful beautiful song. I guess I would look silly digging up the tape to play it in the house!

I went to DS work yesterday with my friend, we had a great lunch, then we picked up a couple of things needed at the store and then we went to where DS works for a tea and her a coffee enjoying the wonderful sunshine and warmth, and then DS comes in his uniform with a large bouqest of flowers, well, I had a tear or two and the other patrons just clapped when he gave me a hug.........I left him a good tip! He obviously went next door to the flower shop .......he is spontaneous like that. We sat there for a good hour and a half just enjoying the wonderful weather and talking.

Have a great day every one!
Old May 12th, 2008, 07:41 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Not going to be as bad as they had thought today, so we will see some sun, but chilly.

Yesterday, the kids surprised me, with a catered dinner, from the Italian restaurant, my daughter works at. Chicken Marsala, Tortellini,and a big salad...yum!

Delf, traveling back in time with a song, sure does bring back memories. I just cannot believe it took this long for me to hear it! Glad you had a nice day too..

Off for a haircut and the library, my James Patterson book is waiting for me..

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old May 12th, 2008, 08:00 AM
Admiral

Good Morning gang, from Central Florida. It's going to be HOT today they say, but that's O.K, it's FLORIDA! Off to work to knock off another day until our next cruise. We're gettin' short, and I'm ready.
Hope all my Mates have a GREAT day.

Ken
"SKY"
Old May 12th, 2008, 08:15 AM
Admiral

Good Morning All, it's a beautiful day here in Ks. despite all the crummy weather we had over the weekend. Although yesterday was sunny, it was very windy and cold. Today we are to reach the upper 70's - that will be nice.

I wish everyone a wonderful day!
Old May 12th, 2008, 08:45 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from Montreal, where it's sunny and cool, and I'm hoping it will warm up a bit!

Had a nice day yesterday. My sister and I drove to the cemetary, then stopped for lunch on the way back at an outoor terasse, it was so nice and warm out!

We had some interesting company on the way there and back; my cousin, who is cleaning out her dad's house in preparation for sale, found an old cassette tape recorded at a house party, some 30-40 years ago, and she had sent it to me.

On this tape, my entire (deceased) family can be heard talking. Mother, father, grandmother, great-aunts, aunts, uncles, cousins, and throughout the whole party, my father is playing merrily away on the organ, any song that pops into his head. He was always the entertainment at any family gathering, and everyone loved to hear him play.

So as we were driving to visit our parents' grave yesterday, my sister and I listened to this tape. We were in their company in a strange and unexpected way. What incredible memories that tape brought back!

donna
Old May 12th, 2008, 08:56 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to CruiseNOID

Good morning to you Delfthuis, Trip, Sky, Bahama!!!

To the rest of the gang.....Wake UP!!! The day is wasting away.

Mother's Day weekend was very enjoyable. Our breakfast Sunday ended up being pushed by the wayside since we were up so late for DD prom. Then I could not sleep and ended up hitting the sac about 330a. But dinner was just as good!!

Today is supposed to be all rainy, cold, and only in the mid 50's. Wish I was in FL Ken!!!!!! The hotter the better!!

Carnival Inspiration 8/2009
Carnival Fascination 8/2008
Old May 12th, 2008, 09:32 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest..........sun is shinning.....only 50's but by the end of the week it should be in the 80's.......can't wait.......

Monday Monday.......can't........well...now that song is stuck in my head....

Y'all have a good day.........

Sharon
Old May 12th, 2008, 10:01 AM
Admiral

Good Morning! It is in the 40s with heavy rain, wind of up to 50 mph and the area is under a flood warning. I want my palm trees, tropical breezes and 80 degree weather back .

Guess I should look at the bright side, the winds are taking care of a lot of the pruning needed.

Got back from Barbados without incident in the wee hours Sunday. It was a great trip.

Marj went back to work this morning but I get to ease back in working from home today.

Marj's daughter Marla hosted a Mother's Day cookout and it was a great success despite cold temperatures.

Hope Everyone has a great day!

The Beach in Barbados that I Miss!!!

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old May 12th, 2008, 10:16 AM
First Mate

Great stories, Delft and RD! Mother's Day is such a crowded restaurant day and my mom is supposed to be staying in anyway, so DH and I stopped at Sonic on our way home from church and got chili cheese dogs and cherry limeades all around and went to my mom's to eat. Very nostalgic meal..... our family favorites.

Lovely day yesterday...... sunny and breezy, but a little nippy..... today is supposed to be the same, but back to thunderstorms tomorrow. I've got to finish the laundry today and work on the fridge..... getting spring cleaning done slowly, but surely.
Old May 12th, 2008, 10:23 AM
Admiral

Good Morning All,

Well I am exhausted, but another Mother's Day Extravaganza has been had and everyone went away stuffed and happy. My menu yesteday was

(There will be lots of spelling mistakes, I am in a brain fog today)

Appetizers: Pineapple/Chipolte Salsa (storebought) and chips
A Peppered Cheese Spread and Cracker (store)
A Homemade Mediterrenaen Dip - Veggies
Keilbasa - in a mixture of chili sauce, orange-cranberry sauce
and plum sauce - it was quite tasty.

Champagne Punch - champagne, pineapple juice, raspberry sherbert and i froze marashino cherries covered w/ orange juice in the ice cube trays - it was very cute. Floating around.

Salad - Apple, Grape and Celery Salad with glazed almonds on Boston Lettuce leaves with a pomagranite vinagerette

Soup - fresh asparagus soup- I made it Saturday and reheated so the flavors could marry. I made homemade Cheese Straws to serve with this.

Main Course: Baked Stuffed Chicken Breasts (rosemary ham/mozzerella)
I brushed them w/ olive oil and had a thick slice of orange atop each.
I made an Orange Beurre Sauce (with white wine, oj, heavy cream and butter) to pour over

Sesame Green Beans

Wine Poached Beets

Bread from the store bakery

Cucumber/Lemon Water
Blackberry Iced Tea

Dessert: Lemon-Ginger Bundt Cake with a Pineapple glaze
Raspberry Chocolate Chip Cookie tart
Coffee.

I set the table with a French Blue table cloth and had my white china that had a pink, yellow and green floral border and used mostly cut glass serving pieces. Each place setting had a cello bag with little flowers printed on it tied with a bright green ribbon. Inside I placed Jordan Almonds, Chocolates wrapped in foil with pansies on them and chocolate dipped oreos - these were to bring home.

I gave all the moms a beautiful heather plant - that had hand cream attached. To my mom and my mil I also gave a dvd set of Christy.

I had a door prize game. Since there were ten of us I got ten prizes. I only shopped the front of the grocery store - which was a fun challenge in itself. I got prizes that graduated in value - lowest value was a bag little bag of peanut MM's raising in value to a $25 Visa Card. It was a Hoot when my bil won the vibrant pink flower garden stake - he tried to trade, but no one would.

Lots of gifts were passed around and my mom and sister brought all my birthday gifts since we didn't get together last week.

It was a long day. Then my neice came back last night to watch the Survivor finale.

I have lots of picking up to do today - putting away dishes and such.
I have done my 3.7 mile walk, so now I am ready for a nap!

Doug - loved the picture - sorry that you are back to reality
RD - sounds like you and your sister had a nice day -
Delft - your son sounds like a wonderful boy. Your poor poochie! Hope she tests ok.

I really missed my kids yesterday. This morning my son left for Cuba - so I am feeling a bit down. I hope his trip goes well. I know it will change his life!

Have a good day all,
Old May 12th, 2008, 10:33 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to CruiseNOID

VTJen - LOVED all the details! It is not very often that I hear of anyone serving the cucumber lemon water. We fix it here at work in my office quite often to drink through the day. I love to add a little extra ginger to mine.

CQ - where are you this morning.......sleeping in??? Surely not!

Carnival Inspiration 8/2009
Carnival Fascination 8/2008
Old May 12th, 2008, 11:21 AM
Admiral

Default Monday Rise and Shine

Good morning from Southern California. Still overcast in the mornings, but around Wednesday, the warmup will be big time.

Keith and I went to P.F. Chang's in Pasadena yesterday. Not one of our wiser decisions! But in spite of the big crowd, we didn't wait long to get a table and be served. The parking structure was a different matter, tho'. At that point, a tuna salad sandwich and potato chips sounded like a better idea.

Keith starts the "big paint" today. I don't know if he plans to go to the gym first, or not. I guess the tuna salad sandwich will happen today!

Judy