Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 25th, 2012, 08:11 AM
Admiral

Default Wednesday or "Hump Day" has returned

I thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers as regards the recent death of my sister. She died peacefully after a long battle with lung cancer compounded by a brain injury suffered when she fell a few weeks ago. She is being creamated and her ashes will be scattered over the country side which she loved so much. At her request there will be a Memorial Service at a later date.

Back to true housework today that has been neglected for obvious reasons for the past four days.

I so hope that both you and your son are doing better Mike and that you get to go on your cruise.

The same goes for your Dad, Moiraine. As I have oft stated, one has no idea how difficult care giving can be unless you've done it, especially if it's a close family member.

The weather is supposed to be a bit warmer today before turning colder for the weekend.

Hope everyone has some fun plans for the weekend. Also I'm so sorry your review is finished Rollerdonna which means you have take another cruise in the very near future!

Prayers for those on the list and a request for Blessings upon all of my beloved Cruisemates continue of course.
Explorer of the Seas 2009, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2007, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2006, Eastern Caribbean
Sponsored Links
Old January 25th, 2012, 08:32 AM
Admiral

Morning Mates, I'm struggling up over that hump!
Todd, you needn't worry - I will be writing another review around the time you return from your Epic cruise in March. I only wish I could be on the same ship as you guys!

After a thoroughly miserable day of heavy rain, we now have not a spot of snow anywhere.
Unbelievable for Jan. 25! It is +2C today or 35F, also unbelievable!

This morning I am off to the rink for skating.
I am down 2 lbs since last week, so I must keep up the exercising!

donna
Old January 25th, 2012, 08:32 AM
Cruise Maniac

Headed to PT in a few minutes.
That is all I have on the agenda for today.
Yesterday was sunny and warm so I sat on the deck with several cups of coffee. It was a nice change of scenery.

Brenda
Old January 25th, 2012, 09:50 AM
Admiral

Good morning all!!!! Went to the opthomologist yesterday because I was experiencing a floating "cobweb" in my eye along with bright light flashes. Being diabetic I immediately thought the worst that retinopathy had set in and I would be blind before the end of the week . My condition does have a name-- Posterior Vitreous Detachment" (impressive eh? ). It means that part of the gel behind my eye broke loose and headed forward. The treatment? Nothing but taking it easy on bending and lifting things for three months and regular followups with the doctor. It can cause a detached retina in rare cases. Now I have a plausible excuse when Marj wants me to do chores .

Filed our taxes yesterday so I can smile when everyone is in a panic in April .

Everyone have a wonderful day!!!

Cruise Dock at Key West Looking Toward Mallory Square

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old January 25th, 2012, 10:47 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning everyone from a rain soaked Texas. We had a storm last night, that kept all of us awake. We are suppose to get a little bit more this morning, and then dry out.

The party last night went very well. The hostess is just starting out, and I wanted to give my support.

Before I forget let me say something to Kuki, and Mike. You were right all along. I use to question censorship on here. I couldn't understand why people were asked to stop posting,and now I know why you did what you did.

Since day one, Cruisemates has been a respectful place to come. It was a safe place for those who spend any time at the other web site, and heard the insults, and needed to read about decent people.

People were warm and friendly, and went out of their way to be comforting. Now we have one or two, who act like what I call registered Trolls. They start a thread, that will surely inflame, and then usually not bother to post on it.

I realize that CM has changed hands, and more things are being allowed, and I can't change that, but I hope people realize that CM is like a warm house. Our welcome mat is always out, but when you come into the house with dirty feet, you make us all feel dirty.

Todd, I hope that you will get back to your new normal. Know that I am here for you.

Donna, I am glad that you have lost weight. It's hard, but so rewarding.

Doug, It is always good to hear from you. How are the trips? they should be turning three soon, right?

Have a good day all.

Luanne

Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old January 25th, 2012, 11:20 AM
Admiral

Luane the triplets just turned 3 earlier this month. They are a handful!!! Two are going to preschool to catch up to their age group. The third is already at age level.

In case I didn't mention it here, grandbaby #5 is on the way and should be here in July. We will know the sex around Valentine day.

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old January 25th, 2012, 11:22 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest.........about 42 right now........I'll take that.....not much snow left....just some that was piled.......

Mike......thinking of ya........

Todd............don't work too hard at cleaning....it'll wait for ya......

Luanne..........hang in there......

Doug........love the pics........makes me warm......

Y'all have a good day...........

Sharon
Old January 25th, 2012, 11:32 AM
Admiral

Good morning from warm and sunny NY
Old January 25th, 2012, 11:49 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Wonderful News Doug. If you get the chance, post a new picture of the babies.

Sharon, I am fine, just trying to hold on to the good.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old January 25th, 2012, 12:50 PM
Admiral

Default Wednesday or Hump Day Has Returned

Good morning. When KI looked out the window while making coffee, I saw two little black kittens, and later, one fluffy white one. I don't know where they went, but they've certainly grown and adorable.

Gym day for Keith and wash day for me.

Have a good day!

Judy
Old January 25th, 2012, 01:41 PM
First Mate

Back to the office grind today. Was out and about yesterday for wedding stuff and dentist! Monday was two client appointments - all are done for the year. Not much else happening around here. It is gloomy and cool. About mid 30's for today.

Also got the furnace fixed this morning. It was heating but the fan was not working so the warm air didn't move around. Thank goodness for the extra heater we have. It did good keeping us fairly warm for the last day or so.

Have a good day to all!
Old January 25th, 2012, 03:01 PM
Captain

Sounds like Luanne needs a hug.

So you thought YOU were having a bad day???