Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 24th, 2012, 07:42 AM
Admiral

Default Saturday, Morning After Black Friday

Morning Mates, how did everyone survive Black Friday? I did not go near a store yesterday. The Black Friday phenomenon is not such a big thing in Nova Scotia, it is just beginning to catch on, and you certainly don't see the lines that I've seen on the news out of the U.S.

I had a rather upsetting and disappointing day yesterday; the job I was interviewed for is not going to happen. Instead, I am being transferred elsewhere and I am not happy.
I'm thinking it is time to find something else entirely.

Today it is still unusually mild for Nov. and I plan to get the Christmas lights outside before everything freezes up!

Have a good weekend everybody!

donna
Old November 24th, 2012, 08:52 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone!!! Today is my Thanksgiving Day. Yesterday, Betty and I made regular and rice stuffing, yams with apples, the infamous "Lime Jello Salad" (it's actually quite good) and Betty even made gluten free pumpkin pies. She used a gluten free flour for the crusts. We'll see how that goes. If the crusts aren't good we'll just eat the pumpkin. I've pulled the bird out of the brine and I'll stick it in the oven around 10:30 a.m. and we'll eat around 2 p.m.

We are also having a "mini-Christmas". We won't be home on Christmas so we (actually Betty) decided to give our presents to the kids today. She wrapped everything last night.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend and I wish everyone a great upcoming week.

Donna: Sorry to hear about the job and the "transfer". Was the word "Yukon" in the notice of transfer? I hope the best for you.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old November 24th, 2012, 09:37 AM
Captain

We survived Thanksgiving after eating to much! Luckily we had our after dinner mints, better know as TUMS which helped us all ! I did not venture out to the Black Friday sales although D/H did. He left here around 3 am in hopes of snagging a new TV for us. He was home by 5am as all the sale TV's were already gone. I told him he was losing sleep for no good reason but he wanted to try. I stayed nice and cozy in my warm bed while he joined the masses. Seems like many folks around here just spent the night at our local WalMart hitting the midnight, 3am and then the 5am sales. That is why he had no luck. Oh well we will be patient and I'm sure we will find a TV someday.
Nothing exciting on the agenda here today. I have a load of laundry to do and may do a little decorating for the holidays if I can get in the mood. Need to put some Christmas music on maybe that will help.
LuAnne, hope you had a good time last night.
RD, sorry the job didn't work out. Hope you find just the right job soon!
Mike, enjoy the dinner. I won't be coming as we still have plenty of leftovers here. Keep those TUMS handy!
Everyone have a great day.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old November 24th, 2012, 10:02 AM
Admiral

Its a beautiful sunny day here .
Old November 24th, 2012, 10:55 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest.......

Didn't leave the house yesterday.......no reason to.......

No rain today so might venture out........

Y'all have a good day...........

Sharon
Old November 24th, 2012, 12:45 PM
Admiral

Default Saturday, Morning after Black Friday

Good morning. Donna, sorry about the job. I hope something much more profitable turns up for you.

Keith went to Riverside. Neither of us ventured out yesterday for Black Friday sales, nor will we today. I have to finish the laundry today. Monday we will fly to Phoenix for Brother Wendell's 85th birthday. Many of you will remember that he had West Nile Disease. He is still pretty much relegated to the wheelchair but can go short distances with a walker.

Have a good day!

Judy
Old November 24th, 2012, 03:21 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon
Darn itís cold and Iím not likening it one bit! I didnít do any shopping yesterday thereís nothing I want that bad that I would go fight the crowds and the cold.

Iím feeling quite sad as itís the end of November and Iím not going on a cruise, November is my cruising time of year and it's just wrong!!

Oh well off to a get together dinner shortly with friends and family should be fun!

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014