Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Disabled Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Disabled Cruisers Discuss issues concerning disabled cruisers.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 27th, 2010, 02:25 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Zero Gravity folding lounge chairs for sleeping

My wife has problems sleeping in a standard bed with her bad back and MS. She sleeps most of the time in a power Lazy Boy. We want to bring one on board in a carry bag. Has anyone had experience with the cruise lines allowing this? We tried to get approval to have a medical supply house deliver a rental power Lazy Boy, but were told it was not allowed...

Any input would be appricated....
Sponsored Links
Old December 28th, 2010, 01:27 PM
Admiral

first thing you will not be allowed to carry it on, it will have to go with your checked baggage. i really don't see it being too much of a problem with the cruise line, but have your ta check into it, if you didn't use a ta contact the special services department of the cruise line, a doctors note would be very helpful. About the only problem that i can see would be space in your stateroom, this could be an issue
Old December 29th, 2010, 03:52 AM
Cruise Maniac

We have an accessible balcony cabin on the Sapphire Princess.

The cabin will have more than enough room, last crusie i brought in the high back deck chair,and we made the best of it.

Princess is not accessible friendly. !!! For this and many other reasons. We love the ship but the corporate people are almost worthless and need to be relaced and or retrained to be attentive to those that are challanged and still want to cruise. THEY ARE MISSING A GROWING MARKET...

They have had the request and photos of the chair and the dimentions for over three weeks now and still nothing in writting saying we can bring the chair on board. checking it could be a problem because the dock workers are not too bag friendly either, it could be distroyed by the time it reachs our cabin. We are sailing in a week and are very concerned and considing canciling out if they don't pay attention....

Thanks for your input, we will keep all informed....
Old December 29th, 2010, 09:41 AM
Admiral

i would get on the phone and keep bugging the special services department until you get an answer, i am surprised that they haven't acted on your request, we have always had really good responses from the special services department, get a doctors note, that will really help expidite things.
Old December 30th, 2010, 03:16 AM
Cruise Maniac

I think we are making progress. Phone and emails, It really shouldn't be this hard, I get the feeling that they just don't care. Anyone in these departments should have to spend a day or two in a wheelchair so they understand what those who are challanged deal with everyday...
Old January 3rd, 2011, 10:49 AM
Admiral

just checking in with you to see if you have any news about bringing the chair aboard your cruise