Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Disney
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 16th, 2014, 04:42 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Smile How was your first Disney Cruise experience/ tips?

Hello Everyone,

I just embarked myself in selling cruises. Yes bought a recognized franchise to do so. My formal training is in a few weeks but my main interest is Disney Cruises just because I am a big Disney fan. I will like to know how is the first time you experience a Disney Cruise and what are some tips for first timers?
Sponsored Links
Old June 17th, 2014, 11:53 AM
Captain

My first suggestion is to take a cruise to find out what your experience will be like. I was on a cruise and a group of individuals were in travel agent and other cruise position training. They were paying for the cruise, but they were getting the experience of being on the cruise. This kind of experience gives them the background that they can use when they talk with clients. Now as to my Disney Panama Canal cruise I was with five other single individuals, male and female. We had a great time while on the ship, and we went our separate ways when we went ashore. The food was great, the service was excellent, and it was a pleasure trip.
Old June 17th, 2014, 02:37 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

Welcome to our web site. I hope you will become a regular since we welcome the expertise of cruise agents, or if you are not very cruise experienced yet (It wasn't exactly clear in your post how many cruises you have actually taken) we are here to help people learn more about cruises.

Disney is a cruise line where the ship itself is the experience, more than the ports of call.

The Disney experience on the is mostly entertainment (not rides). They have great live shows and well as first run 3D movies in a 3D theater as nice as any you will find on land. Of course, every movie is Disney and there is no charge to see them. You could see 10 disney movies in full 3D in one cruise.

The stage shows are often the same as what you see in the theme parks - Alladin, for example, while other, (Wishes and Villians) were created just for the cruise ships as I recall. There are first-class productions, some of the best at sea and that is saying quite a lot.

Many of the Disney characters; Micky, Tinkerbell. Goofy.... are walking around the ship all the time, so you get picture opportunities.

There are many fun technological activities from the Imagineers: interactive video game floors where 16 people can all play one game at the same time, for example. There are also games where you read "painting" that "come to life" when you apporach them. You get a magic mirror that reveals clues you solve to "win" the game.

Kids are offered separate facilities by age; teens have their disco & pool, younger kids get those games plus arts & crafts, toddlers get their own areas and babies up to 36 months have a "nursery" with naptime & feeding available.

Adults have their own areas with gourmet food and exciting nightlife.

But the whole family comes together for the meals, which come with magical experiences. Go to the disney website and look these things up.

The bottom line is that Disney is not your average cruise line. It won't be populated by cruise enthusiasts. It will have Disney enthusiasts onboard.

I think the only person who might NOT have a great time on a Disney ship is some too old for the teen program and too young for the adult's. Someone aged 19-20.
Old June 19th, 2014, 03:00 PM
Captain

Having grown up in SoCal, I loved going to Disneyland. In fact, when I was really little I actually met Walt there. What a thrill that was.
But for me, a Disney cruise wouldn't work. The impression I've gotten watching YouTube Disney cruise videos is a constant bombardment of Disney tunes, characters, making announcements when first boarding the ship, etc. Even the ship's whistles play "When you wish upon a star". Maybe I'm wrong but that's the impression I get. I'd hate that.
I can also see why Disney lovers would revel in this, but it sure isn't for me.
Old June 20th, 2014, 07:38 PM
Cruise Maniac

I have not yet taken my first Disney Cruise. I keep thinking about it but don't know if it is worth the extra money. I know how the Disney company is top quality both in entertainment and the character of their ships; but I just haven't made the leap.

[url=http://www.cruisingtalk.com]
Next Up NCL Jade
Old June 22nd, 2014, 05:03 AM
Captain

One of the things that I have found about Disney is the little things which make it fun to be on their ships. These things make it fun for your clients. A little thing I found out is that Disney cruisemembers are not allowed to point with a single finger, they have to use a sort of boy scout salute. It's part of crewmember training.
Old July 1st, 2014, 01:42 AM
Familiar Face

Default Hooked On Disney

One Disney does it right. Second its about the kids.
Our first cruise was the DCL Magic Feb 9 2013. Was outstanding.
So we booked another Fantasy May 31, 2014. Will try Emerald Princess in Dec 2014, but back on Fantasy May 30, 2015.

No gaming, only bingo. Everything but liquor is included. Drink of the day was $4.75. I have 8 videos on our trip on YT this link will get you to my channel and one of the videos. Hope you take a Disney Cruise soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGBf...e_gdata_player
DCL MAGIC FEB 9, 2013 WESTERN CAB