Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > MSC Cruises
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 22nd, 2009, 07:40 PM
Beginner

Default First time cruiser on the MSC Peosia

Hello
Next month, I'll be taking my first cruise. I'll be sailing on the MSC Peosia for 5 days.
I've read conflicting information regarding cruises leaving from US ports.
We'll be visiting the Grand Caymans and Ocho Rio, Jamaica. I've been told I will not need a passport but, I just don't feel confident about it. Will a birth certificate and driver's license be suffcient?

Could anyone tell me about the spas? For instance, the cost of massages, manis, pedis, etc.? Is there a charge for soft drinks on board?

I have a beautiful dress for the evening that we're to wear cocktail attire but, I'm afraid it isn't dressy enough. It's a very lovely dress but, it isn't like a ball gown...will it be OK?

Is there anything else this first timer needs to know? I'm traveling with my daughter, son in law and 5 month old granddaughter. (I'm a very young granny The baby (Kora) and I will be sharing a cabin, so her parents can have a second honeymoon.

Thank you in advance for all the information you provide for me
Sponsored Links
Old October 23rd, 2009, 05:28 PM
Beginner

Anyone?
Old October 24th, 2009, 11:16 PM
Passenger

According to the Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative, a "Closed Loop Cruise" that is, one that starts and ends at the same US Port, can be taken with just a Driver's License and Birth Certificate. That said, if you plan on cruising a lot (and you will) go ahead and get the Passport. You probably don't really have enough time to get one before this cruise, but tell Santa you want one for Christmas.

As to the dress. Should be no problem. The formal night really is not like a Prom. Church clothes often work.

Enjoy your cruise.
Old October 25th, 2009, 10:29 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapsmith
According to the Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative, a "Closed Loop Cruise" that is, one that starts and ends at the same US Port, can be taken with just a Driver's License and Birth Certificate. That said, if you plan on cruising a lot (and you will) go ahead and get the Passport. You probably don't really have enough time to get one before this cruise, but tell Santa you want one for Christmas.

As to the dress. Should be no problem. The formal night really is not like a Prom. Church clothes often work.

Enjoy your cruise.
Thank you so much for the info That's exactly what I was told about the passport but, feel better hearing it from another source.

That's what I was hoping to hear about the formal night

Thanks again!!