Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 9th, 2005, 08:43 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Anyone encounter a virus on NCL Star?

We just returned from an Alaskan cruise July 24-31, and on the last day of the cruise, my mother mentioned that she felt nauseated. By Monday, we were sneezing and coughing; by Tuesday, we were shivering and sweating at the same time, as our body temps soared to 101 and 104 degrees, respectively; and by Wednesday, we were well into severe flu symptoms, acute sinusitis and conjunctivitis that has kept us bedridden almost two weeks now.
For the life of us, we cannot determine how we came into contact with this virus. Anyone else have similar problems?
Sponsored Links
Old August 10th, 2005, 10:49 AM
newmexicoNita

Default Re: Anyone encounter a virus on NCL Star?

Boy what a way to end a vacation, but at least you got through most of it illness free: we had a similar experience on Celebrity about 2 years ago; all was well until I felt the old scratchy thoat next to the last day; the rest is history. Not only did DH and I end up with the flu, so did DD and SIL. Only the granddaughters escaped. It was the beginning of the flu season and we sure helped it along. I hope you get over this bout soon. good luck. NMNita
Old August 13th, 2005, 09:30 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to segerdsegerd

We were on that cruise also. None of our party became ill and really enjoyed everything about that cruise. Sorry to hear that you are all so sick, hope you recover soon.
Old August 14th, 2005, 12:51 PM
Jan B

Hi Jules,
I just returned from the NCL Star cruise 7-31 to 8-7. I had 3 days of gastro problems as did many on our cruise. Several came down with a bronchitis like condition with fever etc. We also were not allowed into Glacier Bay or the Inside Passage due to an azipod failure and leak. Needless to say we were very disappointed as that is why we chose that cruise. Did your week include Glacier Bay and the Inside Passage? Many of us were wondering about the cruise before us and after us as they loaded up as usual that Sunday for another group. Thanks for any input.
Jan B