Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 23rd, 2006, 12:22 PM
Captain

Default WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE NORWEGIAN DREAM?

My husband and I have thought about taking a cruise on the Norwegain Dream out of Houston. I would love to hear from anyone who has taken that cruise. Any information would be appreciated.

THANKS!!

Libragirl from Texas 8)
Sponsored Links
Old December 23rd, 2006, 01:55 PM
Admiral

Hi Libragirl,,
If I were you I'd be very careful about booking the Dream,,,,She was my 1st cruise way back in 1994 and I've been hooked ever since.

Back then she was called the Dreamward,,,they "stretched" her and re-named her the NCl Dream.

She is a gorgeous ship,,,we had a balcony cabin mid-ship. She is very friendly as far as getting around on it. Just a nice size. Not over crowded.

I have also done that itinery,,, although not out of Houston. We love the western Carib route,,, I have thought about booking it just so I could go on her again.

I have also been on the Wind which is a "sister" to her. Loved them both.
So I would not hesitate to book it.

"Attitude is determined by latitude"

Geoff Peterson for President.
Old December 23rd, 2006, 09:30 PM
Captain

Thanks Travelnut,

We have been on 13 Carnival cruises (mainly because of the great deals), but haven't cruised on Norwegian yet. Thanks for your input on the ship. We have considered it, but haven't yet booked one.

Libragirl (Mary)
Old December 26th, 2006, 11:20 AM
Captain

We have sailed the Dream twice, once on a 7 day W. Carib and a 12 day Baltic and loved both our trips. I would caution you about your expectations. Understand that the Dream is an older ship and does not have any of the glitz and glamour of many Carnival ships. No soaring staircase in the atrium, etc. She also was not built for Freestyle so the dining room arrangements are not optimum, especially the buffet which is in the Sports Lounge. Because of her stretching some routes are a bit screwy - like you actually have to walk through the dining room and theatre on one deck to get from one end of the ship to the other. Now, having said all that, I love the Dream and would sail her again any day. The staff was lovely and very accomodating. But know going in that you are opting for an older ship. No whining when you get home about the ship! The prices on the Dream are usually very good and a bargain in my book. The category "C" rooms are nice as they have a large sitting area and a ceiling to floor window, great for watching the world drift by without obstruction.

I hope you enjoy her as much as we did.
Old December 26th, 2006, 05:27 PM
Admiral

I think Magnolia Blossom summed it up perfectly. Consider the price you are paying, be prepared for an older ship that really wasn't designed for freestyle, expect to have a great time with a wonderful crew and you will love the Dream experience. If you are looking for the glitz, flahy decor, etc you may be disappointed. NMnita :o
Old December 28th, 2006, 07:25 PM
Captain

Thanks to all of you for your opinions. I have seen some very good prices on the Norwegian Dream, and am hoping to convince my husband to try out this cruise line.

HAPPY CRUISING TO ALL!!

Libragirl from Texas