Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 15th, 2008, 12:34 PM
Beginner

Default NORWEGIAN SPIRIT AUG 08 SAILING - Question What to Pack

We are traveling on the Spirit 8/17 and was wondering do we need to pack a travel iron and hair dryer? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old July 15th, 2008, 01:05 PM
Admiral

leave the travel iron at home, they are not allowed because of fire regulations. As for the hair dryer, that depends. I am very content with the ones on the ship, some, with very long or very think hair prefer to bring thier own. Remember with all the luggage requirements today, you will want to keep the luggage down to a minimum.

Nita
Old July 16th, 2008, 03:11 PM
Beginner

Thanks, I'm in NY already so the luggage requirement is not a huge issue since I won't be flying, but I was concerned as to whether the stateroom has an iron or not, but from what I can see I'll pick up a travel steamer.
Old July 16th, 2008, 05:41 PM
Admiral

The cruise ship cabins do not have irons as they are not allowed due to fire restrictions. This is not the choice of any cruise line, but regulations. The good news: about 1/2 through the cruise you will be offered a chance to fill a bag with laundry and have it done for $20. The bag doesn't look all that big: believe me, it holds a lot. When I think of what they are charging here just to do one blouse I realize what a bargain $20 is.

Nita
Old August 2nd, 2008, 09:59 PM
Beginner

I am taking the Norweigan Spirit on 8/9, and I was wondering if there are dressers for clothes on the ship? Or is there ample space in the closet? I am sharing a room with 3 other people and we will be in an inside stateroom.

We are trying to figure out what kind of luggage we should use, so we don't take too much room with just the luggage.