Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 12th, 2004, 07:54 AM
Admiral

Default Kudos to the staff - especially the medical staff on the Gol

I just wanted to tell you all how well our dear friends and traveling companions were treated on our recent trip on the Golden. On our second sea day our friends son came down with a nasty stomach bug, at first we all chucked it aside as eating too much and bit of seasickness, when he didn't get better, they called the ships doctor, who was very nice- diganosed him with a gastro-type virius. He was quarantined to cabin, put on a strict gasto-diet and given some meds. It wasn't 5 minutes after he returned from the doctors that there was a knock on the door and a worker came to the door- donned his haz-mat suit and proceeed to disenfect the entire cabin. Very professional - very low key- we were right next door and had no idea what was going on. The nurse called back to check on him. Our waiters asked at dinner where's Chris? We told him he wasn't feeling well and wouldn't be joining us. They were genuine with i hope he gets better soon. Thank goodness it was only a 24hr stomach bug. The next day Chris was back to his old-self again. This situtation was handled with professionalism, kindness and compassion. That night, Chris joined us for dinner and our wait team greated him with, how are you feeling? glad to have you back, anything special we can get for you? The staff made the whole experience so much less stressfull.
Sponsored Links
Old March 12th, 2004, 02:24 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Kudos to the staff - especially the medical staff on the

Are you sure he didn't have the Norvo Virus? Thus the reason for the Haz Mat suit?
Old March 12th, 2004, 03:30 PM
Lisa Gardner

So pleased to hear of how well he was treated. I did read on cruise critic about the Norovirus being present on the current sailing of the Golden. There has been "increased sanitation" and a medical advisory despite it affecting less than 3% of the passengers. Seems like they go above and beyond what the regulations are to ensure the well-being of the passengers. That's why I am glad to choose Princess!
Old March 12th, 2004, 11:48 PM
pg,

I understand the norvo virus , although very nasty is very short lived( in younger and relativily healthy persons) . I am glad that what ever bug your friend had it was short lived. Hopefully they enjoyed the rest of the cruise!