Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 8th, 2012, 03:12 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Holiday cruising

Why would U want to spend time cruising on the holidays than be at home ? Thanksgiving, christmas, new years.
Sponsored Links
Old July 8th, 2012, 05:55 PM
Admiral

Just guessing, you may have no family or you want to avoid the stress or the family fights that may happen or of course you may want some sunny weather.

In other words how long is a piece of string?

Annie
Old July 8th, 2012, 08:05 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default holiday cruising

Yes all of what U say may be very true.
Old July 8th, 2012, 08:48 PM
Captain

Or bring your family?

Spend 6 hours cooking or 6 hours at the pool and then family goes to dinner on the ship. Who is going to pick option #1 lol

BOOKED: Holland Oosterdam May 25; 7N ship, 4N Anchorage, 6N Denali, 5N Denver
11 cruises in 2012, 90 nights at sea visiting 15 countries
8 cruises in 2013, 56 nights at sea visiting 7 countries
Old July 9th, 2012, 02:54 AM
First Mate

I have my mom's side of the family, my dad's side of the family, and my in-law's side every holiday, every year. None of them want to change their plans so we can all get together for one... I've even offered to host it and do all the cooking at our place!! So I have considered a holiday cruise as an excuse to just be us one holiday. What a thought....

Golden Princess 9/8/2012
Carnival Elation 11/02/2009
Carnival Pride 04/24/2006
Carnival Pride 05/23/2004
Carnival Elation (I think) 1999
Old July 9th, 2012, 01:24 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default holiday cruise

KDgodwin; Select a princess holiday cruise for all, & if all the family comes all will be in one place together & all will have a beautiful time cruising on the holidays. good luck.
Old July 9th, 2012, 01:28 PM
Cruise Maniac

Aerospace; option one is no option.
Old July 9th, 2012, 03:23 PM
Cruise Maniac

I traveled last Thanksgiving. Almost all my extended family is gone so holidays are just my wife, daughter and myself.
My reason to travel on a holiday... dishes. Thats pleanty of reason. Take a cruise or do the dishes.

I would rather be on vaction that getting together with what's left of my family any time hands down!
Old July 9th, 2012, 06:55 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default holiday cruising

Bigmac; dishes, cooking & cleaning also weather just to get away from it all is great. To cruise for one or two weeks is the best.
Old July 11th, 2012, 02:36 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppadock View Post
Why would U want to spend time cruising on the holidays than be at home ? Thanksgiving, christmas, new years.
Thanksgiving yes but Christmas & New Years a definite NO WAY. To many kids, the ships are totally filled and the prices are the highest of the year. Cruise before and after those periods & it's great.
Old July 12th, 2012, 06:56 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default holiday cruising

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichC View Post
Thanksgiving yes but Christmas & New Years a definite NO WAY. To many kids, the ships are totally filled and the prices are the highest of the year. Cruise before and after those periods & it's great.
RichC, yes U R right we cruised last christmas & the ship was full of kids, but we still enjoyed our cruise. When it is time for my wife & I to board the ship we can only think of the cruise & the good time we will have. Stoping at the ports R great, we love to cruise. Other people kids ? well what can I say live & let live we all was kids at one time.
Old July 13th, 2012, 11:54 AM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppadock View Post
RichC, yes U R right we cruised last christmas & the ship was full of kids, but we still enjoyed our cruise. When it is time for my wife & I to board the ship we can only think of the cruise & the good time we will have. Stoping at the ports R great, we love to cruise. Other people kids ? well what can I say live & let live we all was kids at one time.
Yep, that's true but when I was a kid my vacation might have been a trip to Jones beach or a dip in my uncle's pool. We amused ourselves & even the thought of going to another country wasn't remotely conceivable except in books.
Old July 13th, 2012, 02:31 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default holiday cruising

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichC View Post
Yep, that's true but when I was a kid my vacation might have been a trip to Jones beach or a dip in my uncle's pool. We amused ourselves & even the thought of going to another country wasn't remotely conceivable except in books.
Yes, your uncle had a pool my uncle had no shoes 2012 people seem to have more money today what can we do cruise & enjoy.
Old September 7th, 2012, 10:45 PM
Familiar Face

We booked on the Island Princess over Christmas to the Panama Canal. Why because it sounds like so much fun getting away for Christmas. There are a lot of things planned to celebrate Christmas on the ship. The fares are very reasonable for the 10 day cruise plus they give you an on board credit to spend anyway you please.
Old November 28th, 2012, 09:38 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Send a message via ICQ to Chuck1j Send a message via AIM to Chuck1j Send a message via MSN to Chuck1j Send a message via Yahoo to Chuck1j

There is nothing like a Holiday Cruise. This will be our 8th Xmas at sea. Yes the Kids there are a lot of Kids. the good thing is that Princess puts GREAT Kids programs together to keep them out of everyone's hair. The ones that choose to cause problems have to deal with Youth Security brought on specifically for the Holidays. I have seen families put off the ship because they refused to rain in their Kids.
Old November 28th, 2012, 03:41 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default holiday cruising

It's nice to hear from U busterboy & also U chuckj --to the both of U, do enjoy your holiday cruise.