Old June 22nd, 2003, 12:38 PM
Passenger

Default Black Water Containment

Has anyone heard of the Black Water Containment system leaking into the water purification system?? My Mom, who doesn't want me to go on this cruise, said that this happend about 5 years ago. I think she is lying. But i would like some confirmation on this subject. we are going on a cruise in August and would like to be more set at ease. Thanks for the help.

Jaboon
Old June 22nd, 2003, 12:42 PM
Beginner

Default Re: Black Water Containment

I heard that too. I heard people found fecal matter floating in their drinking water. Does anybody know anything about this?
Old June 22nd, 2003, 07:15 PM
smoothsailer

Default Re: Re: Black Water Containment

lol...if this really were a problem..I think we'd hear alot more about.. Moms tend to say stuff to turn you away from things they don't want you doing..and byt the way..no they don't dump it into the ocean..that would be unsanitary for the sea life. And my only tip..if you worry about it that much..DRINK COKE..or if you see anythign floating in the water..don't drink it..hehe..have fun anyways..
Jamie
Old June 23rd, 2003, 12:27 PM
Lady Jag

Yes, they DO dump waste water in the ocean!! The Voyager class ship supposedly "clean" it first on their ships and then release it into the ocean.

AND, many cruise lines are constantly being caught for illegal dumping of untreated waste. RCI being one of the worst!!
Old June 23rd, 2003, 02:41 PM
Passenger

One of my friends said that he saw many sea creatures with fecal matter on them.
Old June 23rd, 2003, 05:02 PM
practical one

I think you folks are suffering from urban legend
Old June 26th, 2003, 11:25 AM
Chipmeister

Sea Creatures? Hmmm.
Old June 26th, 2003, 07:52 PM
Passenger

Well, I have been on 9 cruises and goingon my 10th in one day. I never had a problem or never heard of any passengers having one on their cruises and I talked to one couple that were on their 35th cruise . Now days there seems to be something for anything you do. Hell, how many people each day die from a car. Hundreds, but do you still get in one, does Mom still drive one. Sure , so take the cruise and enjoy it.