Old April 28th, 2004, 01:19 PM
Passenger

Default 1st time cruise-enchantment of seas

I need any tips you can give me on cruising on Enchantment of the Seas on June 7. We are all first time cruisers (there will be 9 of us). Our daughter is getting married onboard the ship in Fort Lauderdale before we leave and we are going to Key West, Cozemal, Belize City. We need all sorts of tips:

Parking at Port Everglades
What weddings are like onboard
rock climbing wall on board??
basketball on board??
dress for nights other than formal night? (for women)
can we take travel irons onboard?
best things to do in port

Any help anyone could give would be great. Thanks.

dwing
Old April 28th, 2004, 01:36 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: 1st time cruise-enchantment of seas

Enchantment is a great ship. After 3 cruises, this is my favorite so far. No rock climning wall on board though. I have taken my travel iron on all three cruise and never had a problem. We were on the 7day Western in September 2003. Cozumel is fun especially if you like to drink which I don't do very often. I like to feel good the next day. Everyone loves Carlos and Charlies. We found this Mexican restaurant on a side road close to the "outlets", and near the courtyard. where you can actually talk them down and it was great. Beer was 2 for 1. My husband had 4 Coronas and we both ate for under twenty dollars and the food was fantastic. Sorry I can't remember the name of the place. There are a few on that street. You might have to take a cab into town but it's only about 6 dollars for a cab full according to the pier you dock. As far as dress, I took nice dresses, jumpers, capri sets and this was fine. Just don't wear jeans. My husband wore golf shirts and dockers except for formal nite. This also was OK. The dining room is really nice. Open and airy. grand staircase, just like Titantic. We had a balcony room on floor 7. Lots of room. Service was excellent everywhere. There was a wedding on board but we just saw the signs. Didn't get to spend too much time in Key West. I really want to go back there. Seemed really nice. Anyway, have a great time. This is a wonderful "smaller ship" but big enough to have a great time.
Old April 28th, 2004, 08:32 PM
Jeff9999

Default Re: Re: 1st time cruise-enchantment of seas

I was on Enchantment in Dec 2003. It did have a rock climbing wall. It is a great ship and I think the best value for 4 and 5 day cruises.
Old April 28th, 2004, 08:44 PM
Admiral

Parking at Port Everglades is $12 per day.

Old April 29th, 2004, 03:46 PM
Beginner

I was married on the Serenade of the Seas ship in NYC in October 2003. I had a ceremony with an hors d'ouerve and open bar reception. I would be happy to answer any questions I can. Feel free to email me.
Old April 29th, 2004, 04:01 PM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Dave the Wave Send a message via Yahoo to Dave the Wave

I am going soon too. The week before you. I can answer more when we get back.

Read and post cruise reviews

Song of America Dec '90
Starship Majestic May '89
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Mariner May '07 April '08
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Radiance of the Seas Oct '10