Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 20th, 2005, 01:17 PM
Captain

Default Royal Caribbean International

Alcohol cards, did they exist a few years ago? A friend of mine said his girlfried had
an "alcohol card". i never heard of such a thing.
Sponsored Links
Old August 23rd, 2005, 11:17 PM
Southern Gal

Default Re: Royal Caribbean International

I've cruised with RCCL for 20 years and never heard of them having an "alcohol card"
Old August 24th, 2005, 01:06 AM
Admiral

They do offer them for large groups. I know of a group leaving in November and they have 70 cabins booked, RCI is offering them an alcohol card for free drinks the entire 7 days for $400.

Regards,
Thomas
Old August 24th, 2005, 03:20 PM
First Mate

Yes, 2 years ago in March we were on RCCL with our 2 daughters. They both got the liquor cards. It was wonderful. The next year my one daughter and I cruised RC and asked about them right away. We were told they did away with them, they lost too much money. The only drinks you had to pay for while holding the card, was the special little shots they brought around at dinner time. Sure saved my husband and I a ton of $$ that first cruise. The cards were not expensive. I am sure they had trouble people sharing cards, etc. The waiters knew our daughters and never asked us for the card after the 1st day!!!! Needless to say, we got our money's worth!!!
Old September 10th, 2005, 10:58 PM
Honey

Just came off the Radiance and they had a dinner wine package. Sorry I didn't take note of the prices but there were 3 or 4 packages available depending on the quality of the wine. Basically this gave you a bottle of wine at dinner each night. There were no cocktail drink packages.
Old September 12th, 2005, 05:27 AM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to Laurie M

RCI did have them on the Voyager in 2002. The problem with them though is that they only allowed call brands. Any premium liquor wasn't covered. And only certain wines and beers were included. Hubby and I bought one the first day only to find out what we wanted to drink wasn't included in the card.
Luckily they were nice enough to allow us to return the card and refund us our money.

With that being said.....RCI does NOT have the alcohol cards any more.
PAST CRUISES
83/Azure Seas; 84/Song of America; 88/Stardancer; 92/Jubilee; 96/Viking Serenade; 97/Holiday; 99/Enchantment OT Seas; 00/Elation; 01,02,02,03/Ecstasy; 02/Voyager OT Seas; 03/Victory; 04/Adventure OT Seas; 05/Sapphire Princess 05,05,05,06,07/Monarch OT Seas; 06,07,08,08/Paradise; 06/Freedom OT Seas; 07 Pride; 07 Pearl; 08/Valor; 08/Serenade OT Seas; 08/Coral Princess