Old January 25th, 2017, 06:12 PM
Familiar Face

Default Need Barcelona hotel pre cruise 1 night

Need assistance deciding to stay at Airport Hotel or one closer to Pier and near town for the night before cruise in Barcelona. Looking for safe, clean, affordable hotel. Are there shuttles from airport hotels to the pier? Trying to get an idea on cost of taxis. Is there a hotel that has a shuttle to the pier for a charge? Any info about your Barcelona experience is appreciated. Thx

Imagination
Glory
Miracle
Mariner of the Seas
Radiance of the Seas
Destiny
Legend
Freedom
Paradise
Enchantment of the Seas
Valor
Independence of the Seas
Dream
Old January 29th, 2017, 04:56 PM
Admiral

Hi Sandar, whislt I can't offer any suggestions on hotels, I would definitely say it is better to be in Barcelona as there is very little to do/see at the airport itself.
If you choose to stay in the city, then best book with any of the large chain brands, and you will want to be close to , but NOT too close to Las Ramblas, as whilst this is the main life of the city, it also is the noisiest part with restaurants & bars open well into the night.
As for transport to the pier, I'm not aware that any hotels offer transfers, but as it is only a 10 minute ride, the cost of a cab won't be too bad.

Hope this is of some help, and I wish you a wonderful cruise.

Alan.

History:
Golden, Grand(2), Caribbean, Royal, Sea(4+1 aborted)
Adonia(4+2), Arcadia, Artemis(2), Aurora(5), Azura(3), Britannia, Oceana(4), Oriana(13), Ventura(3), Victoria(5)
QM2(2), QE2(9), QV(8), QE, Caronia(2)
Oceania Nautica, Minerva, Minerva II, Fred.Olsen(8), NCL Jade(2), =X= Eclipse, HAL Ryndam, Aza.Journey, CMV Magellan, MSC Magnifica, MV Emanuel, Viking River