Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Seeking Cruise Companion
Register Forgot Password?

Seeking Cruise Companion For people looking for share cruise expenses as roommates. Sexual or suggestives posts will be deleted.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 4th, 2011, 10:35 AM
First Mate

Cool Hawaii anyone ? ?

Just recently I've discovered there are some interesting bargains on the NCL Pride of America that offers 7 day cruises around Hawaii. This is the only cruise ship that does HI without having to start or end in MX or Vancouver because the ship is the only one flagged USA and staffed by US citizens or legal aliens.

So if anybody wants to check the departures, inside cabins on VTG are available for less than $1000 this month, and under $1200 for Oct-Dec17 and Oceanview cabins are less than $200 more. Balcony cabins start at $1500 for April, Oct, Nov. Taxes & port fees are $81 pp.

Airfares for April from my local ECP airport were less than $1100 if I pick the lightest days of the week. Non-stop from ATL was about $100 more than flying throgh Salt Lake, LAX or SFO, so all in all I think 10 days for my 1st trip to HI this way would be super easy to budget - if someone would consider joning me. I'm easy to please and happy with most any active, freindly sort. check my other posts too and let me know what you think ;-)

Jun2009-Alaska - Celebrity Mercury@ Vancouver
Dec2009-Mex&C.A.-NCL Spirit @ NOLA
Mar2010-Aru&Cura-HA WesterdamDam @ Ft. Lau
Dec2010-Caribb- MSC Poesia @ Ft. Lau
Dec2011-S. Caribb- Emerald Princess@Ft Lau
Apr2012-Bahamas- CCL Fascination@ Jacksville
Jan2013-E Caribbean- RC Brilliance @ San Juan,PR
ApMay'13-VolgaRiver-MS Chaikovsky-Rostov to Moscow

Last edited by ednotmilkman; April 4th, 2011 at 10:51 AM. Reason: more info
Sponsored Links
Old May 19th, 2011, 11:03 PM
First Mate

I'm still hoping ?? Could go July or Sept even though prices are higher at that time. Also could go most any time after October 2011 with advance planning.

Check current prices anytime with this link :

Discount Cruises, Last-Minute Cruises, Short Notice Cruises - Vacations To Go

Edwin

Jun2009-Alaska - Celebrity Mercury@ Vancouver
Dec2009-Mex&C.A.-NCL Spirit @ NOLA
Mar2010-Aru&Cura-HA WesterdamDam @ Ft. Lau
Dec2010-Caribb- MSC Poesia @ Ft. Lau
Dec2011-S. Caribb- Emerald Princess@Ft Lau
Apr2012-Bahamas- CCL Fascination@ Jacksville
Jan2013-E Caribbean- RC Brilliance @ San Juan,PR
ApMay'13-VolgaRiver-MS Chaikovsky-Rostov to Moscow
Old June 25th, 2012, 09:18 AM
First Mate

Hi solo funseekers !

I'm still dreaming about this trip. I may book with a hosted singles group. One sails this ship in Nov 2013 and another one March 2014, but I'd still like to find a room mate who wants to stay several extra days on the islands before and/ or after the cruise. If you are interested, I'd like to maybe do a 4 or 5 night cruise first, or just meet on land somewhere, to see how we get along after chatting about this.

Edwin
Old June 25th, 2012, 04:04 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Hawaii cruises

Hi Ed,Noticed your interest in HA. cruises on NCL.This American arm is always written up (Cruise Critic etc.), as having lousy food and service. Why, cause its staffed exclusively by Americans who could care less and do not like working 14 hrs. a day. Look up Cruise Company. com who does discounted HA. cruises. Good stuff recently since all the lines are now doing RT. out of CA.Prices way down. Kathy
Old June 25th, 2012, 09:20 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default good information

Kathy your knowledge of these cruises are always very helpful.
Friend Ed
Old June 25th, 2012, 10:59 PM
Captain

Have you looked into the Carnival Spirit on Sept 18th?
It's $60 cheaper than the lowest NCl sailing, 5 days longer, and still visits Hawaii for 7 days. Also you don't have to worry about the poor reviews NCL seems to have here. Check on the flight as well, for me doing a multicity through Vancouver was cheaper than RT Honolulu.

What kind of activities do you do on ship? Any particular sites that are must see in Hawaii? I've never tried but would love to do some surfing lessons
Old June 26th, 2012, 11:47 PM
First Mate

thanks for the tips everybody.

However, I'm not interested in sea days and you sure can't stay any extra nights on the islands when you have to sail back to California or Vancouver. I like doing the active stuff on shore like bicycle and hiking trips, water sports without the big adrenaline rush, or even bus tours if there is time to get out and walk around. I can get bored without a good book on a sea day but there are no sea days on POA !

The service on the Pride of America won't bother me a bit. I don't care whether I use the same towel all week and if the shower doesn't work right, I'll go to the gym / spa. Food could disappoint me a bit compared to Carnival or Celebrity, but it's better than I could do myself for sure.

If someone wants to join me on one of the hosted singles cruises, getting to know each other won't be quite so crucial because we will already have other sinlges / solos to be with once we get out of the cabin. But if we want to do a few days on land before or after, we need to agree on what to see , etc. Without going on the group cruise, we'd have to be more sure we got along well, but we could pick most any time of year as the prices don't vary as much as for Caribbean cruises. I just can't go sooner than this Dec.

I'm happy with inside cabins. I discovered on my last cruise that the Carnival 1A cabins actually have MORE room because there is only one bed on the floor, and I don't have a problem climbing to the upper bunk. Don't know if NCL has any cabins like this, but I'm flexable for sure. If you like OV, I'll pay my share, but for Balcony you might offer to pay 2/3 to my 1/3 of the extra cost as I didn't use it much the one trip we had a balcony; Unless for some reason 3 people try to squeeze into a cabin, then a little outside corner might help a bit. If you want to bring your child or teen, that would be fine too as long as we have an understanding of some sort, and then they could climb to the top bunk. I'm a big kid anyway when other kids are around having fun.

Edwin
Old July 29th, 2012, 09:58 PM
First Mate

just checked again and VTG rates for 7 night OV on Pride of America start at $1200 for Nov24, Dec15, Jan19 and Jan26.

This is OV link ranked by price from Nov to next May Discount Cruises, Last-Minute Cruises, Short Notice Cruises - Vacations To Go

Inside rate is only $100 less for cheapest dates.
Old August 2nd, 2012, 05:25 PM
Familiar Face

Default I too want to do this cruise

Quote:
Originally Posted by ednotmilkman View Post
Hi solo funseekers !

I'm still dreaming about this trip. I may book with a hosted singles group. One sails this ship in Nov 2013 and another one March 2014, but I'd still like to find a room mate who wants to stay several extra days on the islands before and/ or after the cruise. If you are interested, I'd like to maybe do a 4 or 5 night cruise first, or just meet on land somewhere, to see how we get along after chatting about this.

Edwin
Hi Edwin,

I have been wanting to do the all Hawai'i cruise since I sailed the Pride of Aloha for 11 nights in Hawai'i back in 2007 (that sailing is no longer available, and the ship is now NCL Sky ...see below).

It is very expensive for solo, and NCL always charges solos two double occupancy fares. But sailing all the islands w/o having to go to different hotels is definitely the way to go. And each island is different. I absolutely loved it. And they don't call it the rainbow state for no reason -- I saw rainbows every day.

I would be very interested in the singles cruises you mentioned, and your reasoning that there would be other singles too is good. Especially the March 2014 sailing ...if you can wait that long. Whales are mating in the Hawai'ian waters during Feb and March, so that's a great time to go.

I too don't care if the ship and personnel are great ...I loved Pride of Aloha, but many others gripped all the time. Sailing in Hawai'i is wonderful, and you make the cruise what you make it.

I just posted a "looking for a companion" post for a short NCL Sky (prior Pride of Aloha) 4nt out of Miami and/or a hotel the night before and after in Miami (South Beach). Take a look at it, to see more about how I think. And maybe you'd like to join me (for the cruise and/or for one or both nights in the hotel)? Remember, one can get a discount for future cruises when one books while on a current cruise.

My NCL Sky post:
NCL Sky Oct 29 2012 already booked

Definitely would like to consider the Hawai'i cruise.

I'm older but not ancient, and still get around fine. I rode a bike down a volcano mountain in Hawai'i in pouring rain ...loved every minute of it!

I'd be happy to do some days before or after too in Hawai'i.

Can't Forget
X Summit-Infinity / Sapphire Princess / Carnival Elation-Splendor-Pride / RCI Serenade-Voyager-Radiance / NCL Pride of Aloha

Last edited by cruisinryan; August 2nd, 2012 at 05:32 PM.